26 Jan 2009

Bags of Fun with my new Basicgrey Bittersweet papers

I have had Bags of fun this weekend making this 20 page Handbag shaped chipboard album.
The new Bittersweet papers from Basicgrey are sooo lovely, rich chocolates and pretty strawberry pinks and lovely classic pattens and plain distressed solid colours make them really yummy.
I cut the pages with a die that I designed myself , that cuts a square handbag , I used the swiss dots cuttlebug folder to emboss some of the card pages and I used my sewing machine to zig zag stitch the pages and I made pockets for 2 of the pages for tags etc.
Embellishing them with all sorts of stash (This was the fun part ); prima flowers , Bo Bunny antique brads & clipz, doodlebug gems, May arts ribbons were just a few of the things I used .
Then I punched holes with the big bite enabling me to bind the book using binding rings and added more ribbon to finish it off.
I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Love Susie xx

































17 comments:

Fi said...

Wow Susie!! This is amazing! It's one of the nicest project I've EVER seen and must have taken you ages!

WOW- well done!
Fi
x

Marcea said...

Stunning!!!!!! An amazing creation hun, truly gorgeous. I love the bittersweet pack too, certainly a real must have!
-x-

Nicola said...

OMG,Wowzers, Fanbloomingtastic. (says I lifting chin off floor)
This is a work of dedication Susie and your eye to detail never ceases to amaze me. You are one of the cleverest of the clever out there and I so enjoy viewing your gorgeous creations.
Please keep on keeping us all inspired. xxx

Craftyanny said...

omg Susie, where on earth do you get your inspiration from?
Stunning is the only word for this one, it's gorgeous.

Rach said...

an amazing little album susie, love it. hugs Rachxx

Joani said...

Susie, thanks for the award. I finally got to posting it!

Your book is so AWESOME! I love love love it!! I've never seen anything done so perfect, ever!!
Great work!!
Hugs,
Joani

Julie said...

That is fantastic. WOW!!
Julie x

Carmen O. said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Gorgeous papers and so well put together. Definitely need to get my hands on that pp.

maxine said...

Fantastic album

joey said...

Hi Susie, this is amazing, so full of gorgeous papers and embellies, truly beautiful. joey xxx

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful!! Pink, girly and pretty. Everything I luv!

xoxo,
Lori

Chrissie said...

I simply can't believe how much work goes into each of your projects. They are STUNNING!
I'LL BE BACK!
Chrissie

Doreen said...

WOW. Susie, this is one fantastic album, it must have taken you a long , long time to make and your inspiration !! Seems to come to you in abundance. Truly a stunning piece of crafting. xx Doreen

rozzy said...

Congratulations on your album reaching the final in the Trimmie challenge... I wish you loads a luck. I hope you win
hugs rozzy xx

Jenni Hamilton said...

I hope you win too, I love your album.
Jenni x

TAM said...

I'm glad you put the link to this on the Trimcraft site because you need to see the project in its entirety to appreciate just how stunning it is. I'm speechless !!

Stephanie said...

Hi Susie.
What a stunning album! I would love to have a go at making something like this. It definitely deserves to win the Trimcraft challenge.
Stef x