30 Apr 2009

Embossed Acetate

One of my crafty friends made a fantastic tag for a challenge on the craftbubble site she cut a primitive heart shape out of acetate and then dry embossed it with a swirly patten and coloured the patten in from the back with sakura gel pens Lauren then added flowers and leaves which looked lovely but although she gave me her permission to copy her idea I thought I would change mine a bit so this is what I came up with I added some gems to the my scalloped acetate heart before adding it to my card, to view Lauren lovely award winning tag that gave me the idea click Here

13 comments:

Nicola said...

Wowza you have made a great creation here Susie I love it and Lauren´s too. I have noticed quite a few of these on blogland and this is such a wonderful way to go with the embossing folders. -x-

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Susie your card is wonderful.
Dianne xx

Christine said...

Great card Susie & inspiration must have a go at this your friend may start a new trend love it.

Christine xx

lilacanglia said...

Beautiful card,
hugs
Angie

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my susie this is one beautiful card love the colours and your design and that acetate heart is awesome.

Hugs
Lorraine x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Wowee this is gorgeous Susie... soooo pretty. What a fantastic idea love the colours together and all the little finishing touches.. its super. Would never have thought to use acetate in this way so thankyou Susie & Lauren too xxxx

Marcea said...

oh my lord ..... what a beautiful work of art Susie ... just divine! Thanks also for entering my candy ... good luck
-x-

Debbie said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous Susie, I love the embossing and the colours are fabulous. Debbie x

Hope Jacare said...

Lovely card Susie - Have left you a wee pressie over on my blog. Hope all is well. Best Wishes Claire x

Elle-phan-tastic cards said...

Oh I like this very pretty xx

tracy said...

very pretty, took a look at laurens blog too and thats just as lovely, wouldnt be able to pick between the two if i had to,
must try this out myself now where is my acetate

Jane said...

Fab card! Might have to have a go now! :0)

I had a look at all your cards and they are all gorgeous!

Jane :0)
xx

Chrissie said...

Most impressive! Methinks I should have a go, but I don't think it would turn out as stunning at this!
Chrissie