8 Jul 2009

Mojo in Morocco


This afternoon My Friend Jemma sent me a link to a new challenge blog, Traveling Inspiration Challenge #1 at Travelingmama. The inspiration photo shows some lovely Moroccan slippers... you are asked by Tina to make a card or project inspired by the photo below, I used the great sketch from this weeks challenge over at Mojo Monday .
To make the card I used a 6"x6" Pistachios card blank and papers from BasicGrey
Flowers from Poppicrafts
Gems by Kaiser, and a die cut plaque from my shop Die cut Dreams.
The shoe image stamp is by Dawn Houser and the tag sentiment is from Stamping all day
I have distresses the edges of the papers to give a shabby look and distresses it using Tim Holtz Dried Marigold ink with cut'n'dry foam.
I hope you like it , its a little different from my normal cards but I am always up for a challenge !!
Have a great evening I am off to the beach to watch the sunset with my hubby later .........and they say romance is dead !!! lol
Hugs Susie xx

8 comments:

pinky said...

Thats an usual challenge blog! Love what you have done with your card though, lovely colours and the shoe image is excellent.
Pinky

Winter said...

Very cute! I love all the pattern papers and of course the high heel! :)

Tab said...

Ooooh such a gorgeous card, love the image and the colours are divine!
Hugs Tab xxx

Erin said...

Lovely card, gorgeous papers!
Erin x

Juls said...

I love this card, love the stamped image the bright colours you have used and the lovely distressed feel that you have created.

travelingmama said...

What a perfect way to spend the evening! And a gorgeous card too! How perfect! I am so glad you played along!
Hugs from Morocco!

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

This is fabulous Susie, so unusual and different from your normal style. The colours are gorgeous xxxx

Alysabeth said...

This is AWESOME! I love the feel you hit the nail on the head!