17 Jul 2009

On the Button for Christmas

I made this card by following the sketch on the Copic Colour Challenge blog and over at the Just Magnolia challenge blog this week the theme is buttons, so I have used 3 ornate gold buttons on this card I had to remove the shank from the back with a pair of wire cutters and I was pleased with the luscious rich look they gave my card. Also over at Loonie challenge, Cute Card Thursday and Three Clovers they are all celebrating Christmas in July
The papers I used are from the Cricut Christmas cheer pad by Rob & Bob, Flowers from Prima, the stamp is from my friend Nicky at Stamping all day.
I coloured the Tilda with candy cane stamp with Copic markers and added a little Sakura clear star gelly roll pen to the white of the candy cane to give a little sparkle, it doesn't show up to well in the photo but its there !! I know its a bit early for Christmas but I just love this Tilda stamp and have been looking for her for ages and just found her on a craft web site in cork over in Ireland and she just arrived so I had you use her today .........so let me wish you a mid-summer Christmas !!!!

22 comments:

Danni said...

Love this!! How fun and festive!

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a wonderful christmascard, really super!
Hugs Jacqueline

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous card Susie,love the christmas card and it is very modern but using traditional colurs. just wish i was rich enough to afford lot more crafting goodies

pinky said...

This is just adorable, so rich and warm looking.I love the buttons, and the sparkle on the cane, great touch. Come on spill the beans, how did I miss a shop in Cork!!
Pinky

sassy said...

wow this is very crimbbly....fab card...have you missed me been on planet ebay doh....must make a card...but not crismmassy ones......love sassyx

PaperTree Designs said...

Very cute!
Hugs
Deb

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wow Susie
A gorgeous card,
Dianne xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh what an adorable card!
So very sweet!
Love your gorgeous colours and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at Just Magnolia!
hugs
kim x

LavenderCards said...

cute
K

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful Tilda.
luv
Debby

June said...

I love this ists brilliant darlin hope your keeping ok huggies June xx

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card dear, what fabulous colouring, embellies and papers just perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Spyder said...

Love this card, is just soooo lovely!

((Lyn))

Stressed Stamper said...

Your cards are always fantastic. Thanks for joining in the Copic Colour Challenge
Sarah

Danderella said...

Great Christmas Card! I love all the Red and Green - makes me think of peppermint!

Rach said...

A brilliant christmas card, great colours. hugs rachxxx

Angela said...

Beautiful card, your colouring is fab!! I have just got this stamp, too!!
Hug's Angela x

Stacey said...

Wow! This is just delicious! Gorgeous papers and I love all of the little details that you have added.

Thanks for joining us this week at Copics Colour Challenge! ~♥~

maddy hill said...

wow .. gorgeous card ! thanks for using my sketch to create it ! love what you have done with it .

love maddy xx

Elena said...

Very beautiful card! Really love the layout and papers you chose!

Adele said...

I love it. Great colours and papers and image- just love how you have interpreted Maddy's sketch. Thank you for playing along with the Copic Colour Challenge.

Dingle.x

Bev said...

Fabulous card honey, love the colours and wonderful details. Thanks for joing us at JM this week x