12 Jul 2009

Sassy blog hopping !!!

For this card I followed the fantastic sketch over at the Pile It On! challenge blog also at Danni´s Dreams the challenge is to use buttons and bows/ribbons and a butterfly (or fairy) on your creation.
To make this card I have used a 6"x 6" lilac card blank
Papers from MM Boho Chic collection
The stunning image is one from Sassy design studio www sassy, I coloured her with copic markers.
Ribbon from May arts
Flowers are Prima hydrangeas
Butterfly I punched out with Martha Stewart's Monarch Butterfly punch I added some crystal to make it sparkle.
The center of the flower is an ornate button I just removed the shank and glued it using silicon glue. I also threaded 2 flower buttons with narrow ribbon and secured them in place with silicon glue.
One last thing before I go I have a blogging buddy called Sam who works at the junior school where Woody my youngest son used to go and while I was making this card I realised that the sassy lady on my card looks just like Sam.
Sam I hope you don't mind me saying that, but....well it could be you blog hopping on your lap top !!! lol

26 comments:

Vickilyn said...

Beautifully done! I LOVE IT!

Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On this week!!

~Vicki
Owner

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Beautiful card, I love the details and the image is cute.
Hugs Jacqueline

Sam said...

Love the card Susie, didn't realise I had my webcam turned on LOL!!
I've got some of the paper you have used on this card, we have very similar tastes. Love what you've done here, another challenge to take part in.....
Hope you've had a good weekend.
Sam x

Sarpreet said...

Another gorgeous card, hope you have a good weekend

June said...

As usual antoher masterpiece, its gorgeous, hope your ok darlin xxx

Craftyanny said...

Beautiful as usual Susie
Anne x

Sandie said...

Brilliant card Susie, love how you have split and mounted the image, very effective and eye catching.

Hugs Sandie x

pinky said...

Excellent, love the way you chopped the pic in two, love the button too very ornate!
Pinky

Marimer said...

Cada entrada que haces, es un nuevo logro, me encanta podere aprender de maesstras como tu que dominan el arte de los colores. Enhorabuena.

Juls said...

fab card, I love that arm chair! I only wished I looked that glam when I am sat blogging!

Hugs Juls

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Gorgeous card Susie, love all the details you have added, ive just popped over to Sam's blog and you are absolutely right she does look just like her hehehe.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Danni said...

Great card!! so fun! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

raindropecho said...

Great job Susie! Love those colors and you're images are always so beautiful. Thanks for joining us again this week :D
- Ann @ Pile it On!

Valerie said...

Beautiful! I love all of your Sassy cards! Great job! and thanks for the sweet comment you left me on my blog!

coldwaters2 said...

Fab card I love it the colours are gorgeous the flowers and butterfly ....perfect...love how you have split that image I had a real close look at that technique lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

stamprgrl said...

susie,
what an awesome take on my sketch!!!!!

Thanks for Playing with us @ Pile It On!!

-- dalis Owner.

Timi O. Mercado said...

Great take Susie! I love the colors that you used.

Timi O. Mercado said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Always Playing with Paper said...

Awesome card! LOve the colours and that image is really great!!!

Smiles,
Lesley :)
(DT) Pile it On

Deanna said...

Gorgeous! Awesome coloring! Thanks so much for playing with Pile It On!

Heidi said...

what a cute stamp! very well done!

:)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful! Love your use of the sketch, great papers, and fun image! Thanks for joining in at Pile It On! ~Denise :)

lindal said...

Beautiful card. Great job with all the challenges. It is fun to Pile it on.

craftypagan said...

Beautiful card! I love that image. Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at Pile it On. Hugs Rowena-Pile it On dt

Amy -- Pile It On DT said...

hehe, looks like me :) Great job with the sketch!

Maureen said...

Great interpretation of the sketch and love those pretty papers! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!