15 Jul 2009

Sitting pretty with kitty

Over on the Just Magnolia Monthly Challenge blog they are asking us to alter a a brown paper bag , I had real fun making this, and guess what NO papers !!! and you know how much I love my papers, but I thought I would try something different so I had a play this a bottle of Pale ale Memory mist and a shoe box , I cut 5 pieces of white 5.5" square card and rounded the corners put them in the shoe box one at a time and spritzed them then I stamped the Tilda's and the swirls etc in rich coco mementos ink and then I coloured the 2 main Tilda's and the cats with neutral shades of Copic markers and distressed the edge of the card with Tim Holtz distress inks and cut'n'dry foam.
I also cut a chip board primitive heart with a Sizzix die and painted it with Tim Holtz distress crackle paint and then sprayed it with glimmer mist added a flower and some ribbon to make an embellishment for the front.
I finished it off with Prima flowers , MM Paperie mocha brads, some Bo Bunny card stock stickers, some large champagne colour Prima crystals and tired the whole thing up with vintage brown gingham ribbon.

18 comments:

TannyP said...

Those stamps are beyond cute and you did an amazing job with them! One day, I'll have some of those sweet images...
Thanks for stopping by =)

Kim Piggott said...

How fantastic!
Totally love what you have done here!
Just beautiful images and the most gorgeous detail!
So happy that you have joined us at Just Magnolia!
hugs
kim x

Cherry said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Susie. You've achieved an amazing look with such raw materials and no papers! XXX

Craftyanny said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Susie, it's gorgeous
Anne x

Danni said...

Very nice!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous Susie - love the natural colour scheme - it all works perfectly together. Adore the images too. Brilliant!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Bev said...

This is just fantastic sweetie! I love how you have challenged yourself not to use DP's - you are sooooo brave and you've done such a brilliant job! Love all the extra details too x

raindropecho said...

Wow this is so pretty! I couldn't image not using any papers! Great job :D
- Ann

yvonne said...

This is so cute. The inking is fab , loving the colours and the stamp .. which is purrrfect ( oops sorry could not help myself)
Just so fab what you have done with this.

coldwaters2 said...

Woweeee what a super duper creation it is totally awesome and just love the techniques you have used

Hugs
Lorraine x

Andrea, said...

Oh this is wonderful and I love the images and the ribbon

Nunt said...

Absolutely adorable!

xx,
nunt

Rach said...

Fantastic Susie!
you did an awesome job with the challenge,
thanks for joining us.
Hugs Rachxx

Juls said...

gorgeous card! Love it! Love the ribbon you hace used, and I really like all the journaling stamps you have used. Just Fab!

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Oooh Susie this is fantastic darling... what a great effect with the spray and the stamping is gorgeous!. It's amazing and i love the shimmer. You have achieved a superb result Susie.. its beautiful xxxxx

T in Etown said...

I really like your card and I love the saying...great work, what a great amount of detail..beautiful.

Angela said...

I love how you have achieved so much detail with out any papers!! It's truly beautiful!!
Hug's Angela x

peggysue said...

That brown gingham is too cute with your image.