28 Aug 2009

A Gift for a Friend

This week over at C.R.A.F.T challenge they want us to make a project with Embossing as you know I am bored with just making cards (and I have so many already made I don't know where to put them !! lol)
Anyway I have started to make other paper craft projects in a hope I can sell some in my eBay shop Die cut Dreams shop on eBay.
This little gift bag and memento book is completely handmade , to make it I used;
For the bag; 2 elegant rectangles 5" x 4" die cuts and run them through one of the new Quickutz embossing folders, cut out the oval handles with a punch and used a paper bag between the 2 die cuts to create the actual bag then I used distress ink around the edges and to decorate it I used some smaller die cut circles and stamps the Autumn leaves Friends sentiment on added a little more distress ink, I cut the butterflies from Bazzill card with the Quickutz butterfly die.
I finished the bag off with some ribbon and fluffy eyelash fibre, I was really pleased with it, but then I thought it needs something to pop inside so I made the small book from yet more die cuts punched a hole with my big bite machine added a 4" ball chain and a silver butterfly charm, it fits nicely inside the bag and it was quite a simple little gift to make a friend smile.
All the die cuts used are available from my shop
Die cut Dreams if you don't see the colour of size you want just ask we are always please to help.
Right I am off to the beach now have a great afternoon...........

17 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

VERY PRETTY,
enjoy the beach,
Hope you got better weather than us,
Hugs
Angie

pinky said...

Very pretty gift for a friend.
Pinky

SMK said...

awww how adorable!!! love that stamp :D

sugar n spice said...

This is beautiful Susie, love the embossing and your gift too, thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Suzi x

stampingallday said...

Hi Susie! Haven't had chance to look for a while, you have been making some gorgeous stuff. Good luck with your sales. Hope you enjoyed your quiet week!
Nicky xx

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Susie,Great creations love them both very pretty indeed:)
Have a great time at the beach
Hugzz Val xxx

yvonne said...

This is stunning hun. Love this idea.

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Wauw, this is so beautiful, really super!
Hugs Jacqueline

Elle-phan-tastic cards said...

wow hun totally stunning I love it I'm sure you will easily sell your creations they are all fantastic x

Peggy said...

Great work,
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge !!

Peggy x

Good luck !!!

Nicola said...

Fabulous project Susie, love that embossing folder and your stamp is so pretty too.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Magda said...

Fantastic project!
Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. challenge this week & good luck.
Magda x

Anesha said...

Super gift bag and such a great idea. Thanks for taking part in the CRAFT challenge. Anesha

Scrapping Mom said...

Beautiful I love it. I am a huge butterfly lover.

Trimgym said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo.

Eiglas said...

Lovely project Susie and well executed.
Thank you very much for coming over to play at CRAFT!
Hugs,
Ei
x

Hope Jacare said...

Great project Susie - thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x