5 Aug 2009

Go-go Girl mini book

This is my other DT project this week for the Die cut Dreams challenge blog which is being sponsored by Sassy Studio Designs this week, the theme is Fashion frenzy click the link in my side bar to pop over and have a look.
To make this book I used a third of a sheet of thick double sided DP I fed it through the front slot on the Zutter dreamkutz which gave me 3 strips 4" x 12" (two strips I put aside for another day)
then I cut a 12"x 12" sheet of deep purple Bazzill cardstock in the same way giving me 3 strips to use to make 6 pages.
Next I folded all 4 strips of 4"x12" in half and stitched them all together with the sewing machine on the fold adding the ribbons on the outside as I stitched along the spine, so now you have a basic 4"x 6"book.
Next I tied the ribbons to neaten it up and added the Sassy Go-go girl image which I coloured with copic markers and matted it before adding it to the book with the flower, flourish and finally the sentiment , easy way to make a quick mini book to give as a small gift of instead of a card.
Hope you like it

20 comments:

suemon said...

Wow you GO Girl lol, this is gorgeous.
hugs
Sue x

SMK said...

super cute!!! love the ribbon and the gurl and the swirl accent :D

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Susie
Gorgeous,love the colours to.
Hugs Dianne xx

Littlebear said...

This is gorgeous. Great idea to give instead of a card. Fabulous sentiment too.
Clare x

Juls said...

oh la la!! Love it!

Anne-marie said...

This is gorgeous Susie love the image and colours
Anne-marie xx

Chris (Wellnifty) said...

Gorgeous Susie, love the colours and such a cute image, thanks for the instructions on how you make your book, swill have to give it a go sometime

Chris xxx

TannyP said...

This is fantastic, Susie! Great work =)

Nicki said...

This is totally gorgeous! love the image its FAB!
take care hun
Nicki
x

Penny said...

That go-go girl is WAY cool!

gina g said...

Gorgeous Susie fab idea love the image and the colour are lovely. luv gina xx

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Wow, this is really lovely. Wonderful colours and great image!
Hugs Jacqueline

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful book Susie love the gorgeous designs and detail!

Hugs Linda

Sarpreet said...

such a sweet card, so fresh and so young

Kim Dellow said...

Oh a fabulous mini-book! I love the colours so pretty. Kim

jackiescrafts said...

Love it, great colours too

Jackie

Elle-phan-tastic cards said...

fab hun loving the image, I want her boots!!

Leanne said...

This is gorgeous, love the image!
Thank you for entering my Gorjuss Girls blog candy - good luck!
Hugs
Leanne
xx

Mel said...

This is stunning Susie :)
Mel x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Susie, such a great card, and loving the image youve used. Such a load of awards too hunny but well deserved, have a good day, hugs Linda x