28 Sep 2009

An Angel To Watch Over You

Over at Sugar bowl challenge this week there is a great sketch to follow and the team would like to use paper piecing , now I did the paper piecing bit on the previous post with the gorguss girl stamp which was to be my entry but me being a bit forgetful I didn't use the provided sketch !!! lol trust me you all know what I am like............So I had to start again but it gave me a chance to use one of my new Sugar Nellie stamps, isn't she just fantastic.
Also over at La La Land challenge the theme is also paper piecing.
And over at Stamping sisters in Christ challenge they would like you to make something for someone to let them know you are thinking of them.
I have paper pieced her dress with the very soft patterned Regency DP from Papermania and I used Copic markers to colour the rest of her.
The other papers I have used are BG Stella and pink co-ordinations all other bits and bobs are from my stash and I have finished off with lots of sewing on the machine and distressing round the edge to give this wall hanger a truly shabby look & feel.
This is also one of my DT project over at the DCD challenge blog where this weeks theme is "Ribbons and Trims" why don't you pop over Here and have a look at this weeks challenge and meet the new Dream Team.

17 comments:

Jane said...

This is gorgeous....love the papers!
Jane
:0)

Rach said...

a fabulous card, the papers are so pretty.. hugs rachxx

TannyP said...

Very sweet little angel, Susie!! Your pkg arrived - thanks a bundle! I can't wait to color those sweeties =)

jordiegirl said...

Love the angel card - so sweet.

I wonder if any of your readers have trouble with rub-ons. Any tips on how to get them to rub-on to my cards quickly and easily would be appreciated.

I've been rubbing away for ages at some Forever Friends ones and they still haven't worked!!! Help.

Christine said...

Hi Susie such a pretty card love the image & soft colours...thanks for stopping by I must try to get here more often...

hugs Christine xx

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Really super Susie, great project and a very cute angel.
Hugs Jacqueline

gina g said...

Hi Susie. Hope you had a fab week away, this is gorgeous i love the image and the papers are lovely. luv gina xx

Domna said...

This is wonderful !!!

Biscuitlid said...

so beautiful Susie - I love the sentiment, one I love (())

Victoria
x
ps something on my blog for you
x

Kathy Winter said...

This is a beautiful card. Lovely papers and stitching. Thanks for playing with us:)

Nicola said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Susie. Love those papers and your beautiful details- especially the paper piecing.
Hugs,
Nicola

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

I really love this one Susie, she is gorgeous and those papers are scrummy and the stitching finishes it off beautifully. xxxx

Sue from Oregon said...

what a soft and sweet card...love that image! Thanks for joining us for the LLWWC!

Pamela said...

Love it!!!

Kathy said...

Oh Susie your card is just gorgeous!! I love everything about it!! The papers and colors are so pretty as well as your flowers! I just adore this image as well!
Thanks so much for playing along with us :)Kathy

Kristine said...

OH, this makes my heart 'leap for joy'!! :) LOVE THIS so much! Wonderful job with the paper piecing...and the distressed edges...and gorgeous DP!! It's so pretty, ALL OF IT! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges!! :)

Julie said...

So beautiful - great papers and gorgeous image!