1 Sep 2009

Baby Bear Boy Book

At SFTW this week the theme is anything for "Baby" so I made this cute little book.
I die cut the bear shape pages from different colour card and stuck them back to back to make the pages nice and sturdy then I cut 2 chipboard covers and covered them with 4 more of the die cut card shapes , next I took my big bite tool and made 2 holes right through the whole stack of card pages and chip covers one hole on the paw and one directly below on the foot these are for the 2 hinged book binding rings to secure the book together.
Once I had secured the book I added lots of lovely baby boy ribbons to decorate the rings.
I stamped the Magnolia cute baby image on a white card oval and coloured it with my copic makers layered it on to a scalloped oval and then to the front of the book with some more ribbon. Now I was ready to decorate the inside pages, I used buttons, brads, ribbons ans stickers etc all from my stash so its ready to have photos and mementos added.

15 comments:

Woody said...

Fantastic card
I love the colers.

From Wood

Woody said...

Fantastic card
I love the colers.

From Wood

Nicki said...

Aww Susie this is soooo adorable!
take care
Nicki
x

TU KARA said...

Fantastic card,Belle cart!!!!!!

pinky said...

What a lovely idea, and so much detail, I love it.
Pinky

Spyder said...

Aw This is lovely! Just what I'm looking to make when we go over to the States at the end of the month to see our first grandson. It's such a lovely idea!


((Lyn))

Elle-phan-tastic cards said...

aww its gorgeous so cute I love it x

Biscuitlid said...

wow you've got some patience to put all this together. Looks fantastic, someone will be very lucky to receive this

Victoria
x

Nancy said...

What a wonderful gift idea, Susie:O) And what a job to put this together!!! I love all about it. The image on the front is so cute, and I love the pretty ribbons. It is brilliant with all the cute sentiment stickers inside.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)

LavenderCards said...

so cute
K

CraftyC said...

This is just adorable, perfect shape for the challenge and a great gift. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairex

Nicola said...

Awe this is adorable and a work of love Susie. Please pass some patience and mojo my way sweetie as this must have taken you forever.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Vicki said...

WOW!!!!!! Susie this is just FAB-U-LOUS, loving the teddy shape and all those ribbons, beautiful. A special gift for someone to treasure. Thank you for joining us again with this weeks SFTW challenge, good luck xx vicki xx

Donna said...

What a fantastic little book you've created Susie, I love it and it's just perfect some the parents of a new baby boy to put photo's in.......what a brilliant idea.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' for the Weekend.
hugs
Donna xx

Kimmi said...

Gorgeous card! Love the ribbons and the little bear is a fab cut out! Beautifully embellished too!

Thank you for playing along with us over at Stampin for the Weekend. We hope you had fun and that you come back again soon to join in with more challenges. Good Luck!

Kimmi x