21 Sep 2009

Baby its cold outside !!

This week at the Allsorts challenge the theme is Snowflakes while over at Paper Blooms challenge its Bling.
I made this sparkly Christmas wall hanger using die cuts from my shop
The snowman at the window stamp is from Hampton Arts and he is coloured with Copic markers .
For the snowflake I die cut it in plain aqua card popped it in an empty shoe box and sprayed it with adhesive and dipper it in Glamour Dust .....I could have just die cut it from glitter card but I wanted the soft sparkle you get from the glamour dust, it took a little longer but I think it was worth the wait and the extra effort.
I stamped snowflakes in brilliance pearl ink on the back and front panels with a Hero Arts snowflake stamp and I embossed the middle panel to add texture and depth.
I then added some bling with a very sparkly MAMBI Crystal gem snowflake and a silver plated snowflake dangling charm.
I added some sheer MayArts ribbon to hang it up with, just threaded though eyelets I set with the big bite tool.

16 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Susie
Beautiful,
Hugs Dianne xx

Tracy said...

I love using glamour dust too, and you hanger is so coooool!!!!
Love the sentiment on it, very clever!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Julia Dunnit said...

That's gorgeous. Love the snowman just fits that die cut - brilliant.

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Wow, this is so cute! The snowman is very pretty.
Hugs Jacqueline

Leah said...

This is so cute and pretty all at the same time! Love that adorable little snowman face and your snowflakes and bling...just perfect:) We are so glad to have you at Paper Blooms!

Pinkllilac said...

Just beautiful Susie and what a great Christmas idea.
Hugs Linda

Debs said...

Simply stunning Suzi!!!
Love it - a great idea.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous, this would make such a fantastic Christmas decoration, cant wait to use mine now ive seen this i know just what im going to make :)
Love n hugs
Viks xxxx

Jules said...

Hi Susie

Wow - lots of work in this - but well worth it!!

I love your Christmas wall hanger very much.

I managed to not buy that gorgeous little snowman last time I visited Hobbycraft. He went into my basket and stayed there for quite a while .. .. but you know what it is like .. .. you reach the point where some things just have to be put back on the shelf. Unfortunately he was one of the things that went back - I wish he hadn't now. You have used him beautifully.

Thank you for joining in the fun with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

scotspanda said...

this is lovely Susie, I especially like the gem snowflake!

thanks for joining us on the snowflake challenge at Allsorts this week!

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Susie

This is a great idea I love the hanger

thanks for joinig the Allsorts challenge

Emma xxx

Gro said...

This is just beautiful, and what a sweet little snowman
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Susie. I love the little snowman and the sentiment, everything works so well together.
Julie x

Nicola said...

Gorgeous Susie, loving your image, snowflake, gems and charm.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Kirsten said...

Hi Susie

this is great i love the little snowman and the embossing ooks wonderful...


thanks for jinin us this week hugs kirsten...x

Mandy said...

This is gorgeous, love everything, I need you to come home so I can buy some of the fab die cuts please
hugs Mandy xx