17 Sep 2009

Back To School Brag Book

This is my entry into the The Pink Elephant Back to school challenge its just a little 5" circle book ideal for putting small first school photos in or little mementos , first drawings or small hand prints etc things to look back on
The image is of course the lovely sweet Tilda and I have coloured her with copics and Tim Holtz distress ink , then stitched and layered the cover onto a cover that I cut from chipboard (I also made a chipboard back cover and covered it with card) I used distress inks again around the edge, set an eyelet in the front cover bound the book with a hinged book ring and decorated with ribbon.

15 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

so pretty,
big girls would like this as well as little ones, lol
Hugs
Angie

Clare (Littlebear) said...

So cute and a lovely idea too.
Clare xx

coldwaters2 said...

What a wonderful creation and some great inspiration and Tilda looks proud as punch to be the centre star.

Hugs
Lorraine x

pinky said...

Gorgeous Susie, love these little books of yours. Like the circle handmade by, lovely addition.
Pinky

Tracy said...

Your colouring is superb Susie, I love this book and as usual its another gorgeous gift.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

sugar n spice said...

This is so cute Susie, love all your little books, they are so beautifully designed.
Hugs
Suzi xx

Gail's Card Cafe' said...

What a great idea :)

Elle-phan-tastic cards said...

This is very sweet & cool. I would never have thought to do that. I have a little set for a boys oone I can make it for Rory for when he's bigger. Think I'll have to make a girly one for my niece's too as Charlotte is very into getting smiley faces for being good! My sister has a poster on her kitchen door & gave her 3 smiley faces on monday for going to the toilet at school 3 times!! Sounds daft but C has a mjor thing about toilets being clean!!!

Katiejane said...

love this Susie xx

Pam said...

This is really cute Susie X

gina g said...

This is gorgeous Susie i love these little books. luv gina xx

Chris (Wellnifty) said...

Love it Susie, wonderful colouring
Chris xx

Sam said...

What a wonderful gift this would make. Love it.
Sam x

Ann said...

What a fantastic idea - so cute - I love it.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

PaperCrafty said...

Super cute project!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/