7 Sep 2009

Back to School 4 in 1

Finally the day has arrived ....yes my little darlings have gone back to school , I managed to get the crazy duo to stand still for one photo this morning before I packed them off, and although once they had left I could colour, stick and stitch my first card of the day in peace and quite I kinda missed their cheeky banter and the house felt empty without them......still won't be long and they will be home with pangs of after school hunger ready to eat me out of house and home, telling me "Well mum we are growing lads !!"....Bless them !! he he
That leads me on to my first card , over at C4C challenge they have a great sketch to follow
and at Stamping sisters in Christ challenge the theme is encourage our children or a teacher?! /Back to school, then this week at Cupcake craft challenge the theme is Red, White and Blue and lastly at Charismacardz challenge they ask you to use swirls and curls on your card
So I have made one card that fits all 4 challenges.
The image is of course Tilda in her back to school theme and I have coloured her with Copic markers and layered her onto scalloped die cuts from my shop then stitched then altogether on the sewing machine.
The DP is from Making Memories
Ribbon from MayArts and I cut the swirls with a punch I bought from Hobby house.
I hope you have a great day I am off to Slimming world to get weighed at lunch time fingers crossed I have a good result like last week when I lost 6.5lbs !! I was over the moon
Have fun Happy crafting

24 comments:

StampOwl said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for playing the C4C challenge

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Susie and a brilliant pic,
Hugs Dianne xx

Liza said...

Great card, Tilda looks so studious! Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Joanne said...

Great card and to fit in with all those challenges how clever.
What handsome boys you have and all ready for another term at school.
I home school my three at the moment and just love having them around we started back last week but they only had a couple of weeks of freedom rather than the six weeks.

Joanne x

yvonne said...

How sweet is this image. Loving the card, just a lovely crisp card .. the only way I can say , lol
Just beautiful x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Susie, love how you have used the colours. What handsome lads you've got, bet your really proud. My eldest went back today and my daughter started high school last friday and my youngest starts nursery next tuesday.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Elle-phan-tastic cards said...

fab card hun the colours really stand out.
Your boys are both very handsome, bet they have all the girls after them at school!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun, awesome job.

Kathy Winter said...

Terrific job. Love the colors.

Joanne (jojot) said...

how fabulous.....handsome fellas.....and thanks for playing in our first C4C challenge

JanJ said...

Oh great card, I love the freshness of the colours.

Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week

Jan xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Susie, what a gorgeous card. The image is lovely and your colouring is fab. I love the shape of the card. Your boys are so handsome but cheeky I bet! My too are the same and they went back to school today too. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Ida / Little said...

Oh what a gorgeous card!! :) I just love the Tilda! Thanks so much for joining us at CCC this week Susie!

Hugs Ida

Vee said...

Love your card and great picture of your boys.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Sam said...

Great card Susie and lovely photo of your boys. My boys eat me out of house and home too.....
Sam x

Sally said...

Perfect card and very handsome sons. Thanks for playing at Chrisma Cardz this week.

Mercy said...

totally cute! great colors, stitching, and coloring! thanks for playing along with our first c4c challenge! :)

Kristen said...

Cute card, your boys are darling too by the way.
I am working on the weight loss too! I lost 5.6 pounds in the last 2 weeks. GREAT JOB!!! I wish you all the luck in that department.
I love you Tilda, she is so sweet!!!


Have a great 1st day of school,
xxx

LORi said...

Congrats on Back2School!! Lovely card!! Thanks for joining in the C4C FUN!!

Summerthyme Studio said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us!

Vicki

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love the clean look of this card! Great take on the sketch, too.

Thanks for playing in our Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. We hope you'll join us again!

POPPET said...

A gorgeous card, i love the image and the papers are fab, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this weeek, hugs Pops x x x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Susie, absolutely love the image and the gorgeous use of this weeks colour combo. Thanks for playing along with CCC this week :) Donna x

Kristine said...

Awww...this is sooo ADORABLE!! LOVE this little school Tilda :) Great tent topper too! Thanks so much for playing in our Back to School challenge at SSCC last week!! (and sorry I'm a li'l late in commenting!)

Love having you!! A new challenge was posted today...hope you get a chance to play again this week?! Have a great one! (My girls went back to school Wednesday--I think their appetites must be as bad as boys! LOL)