22 Sep 2009

Greedy Edwin !!!

I made this 6"x6" wall plaque for my DT project for over on the Die cut Dreams challenge blog where this week Vikki choose the theme "Men"
Also over at Roses on paper challenge they want to see stitching this week.
While at My time to craft challenge and at Stamp with fun challenge
the theme is Autumn and at Stamping sisters in Christ challenge they would like us to use the colours of Autumn.
The DP I used is from BG Stella Ruby pad I also used the same papers to punch the flowers before distressing them.
The Magnolia stamp is one of the Edwin's from the new yummy collection, its not one of my favourite but it was nice to colour , I used copic markers to colour him, and distressed the edge of the circle with Tim Holtz inks then I stitched the edges with my sewing machine.
And the sentiment stamp is from SU.

17 comments:

Iris said...

Your plaue is very beautiful! I love the soft look! Thanks for playing with us at Roses on Paper and good luck to you!

Hugs,
Iris

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Susie, wonderful colours and love the stitching detail and the effect around the edges is fantastic i love it.
Love n hugs
Viks xxx

Pamela said...

Love it!!!

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Susie this is gorgeous a plaque, your colouring is excellent and i love the papers, flower and sentiment:)
Hugzz Val xxx

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

This is really gorgeous, so cute. Great colours.
Hugs Jacqueline

Neenie said...

Love this plaque! It's really stylish, the colours are so subtle and I love the pained look on Edwin's face - boys' eyes are always bigger than their bellies!!x :)

Tracy said...

5 Challenges, well done you. Fab plaque and great colours.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kristine said...

Love this idea for a wall plaque!! Edwin is adorable and I love your soft neutral colors on this! :) Great job. Thanks so much for entering our 5th weekly challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!! =0) Have a wonderful day!

Lesley said...

What a fab plaque, lovely image and colours! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

sassy said...

really lovely susie....hugs sassyx

Michele said...

Ohhhhh this is gorgeous Susie. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Chris (Wellnifty) said...

Wow Susie, this is gorgeous, love the papers and the flowers, fabulous colouring, love it

Chris xx

made by fifi said...

beautiful - thanks for joining in MTTC challenge this week xx

Pam S. said...

love your creation Susie! Edwin is so handsome here! hehe I hadn't noticed his shoes...I like them this way! Your stitching looks so nice...any tricks on tension? I'm wondering how many layers of card-stock you sew through??? Is it better if there are more? I just did two and my bobbin thread just wants to show on the top no matter what I change the tensions to! bah!
thanks!
Pam Going Postal

Nicola said...

Wowee what a gorgeous colour combo Susie and your colouring of Edwin is awesome.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Rosette said...

This is just gorgeous!! Thanks for the interpretaition of my challenge on ROP :) Good luck x

Mandy said...

This is adorable, sweet little Edwin is coloured beautifully, love the paper
hugs Mandy xx