23 Sep 2009

Happy Henry

As you know I am on holiday at the moment so this post is scheduled so that you won't get bored while I'm away.
I made this wall plaque for my DT project for over on the Die cut Dreams challenge blog where this week Vikki choose the theme "Male" Theme this week and you still have until Sunday at noon to get on over there and enter.
Also over at Corrosive challenge the theme is Kids Birthday and I thought this would be perfect for my youngest son Woody's birthday which is coming up soon.
And at Simon says challenge the theme this week is Stitching, while at Stamptacular sunday challenge this week they want "Anything but a card".
The DP I used to die cut the cupcake is from BG Wisteria pad I also used the same papers to punch the flowers before distressing them.
The stamp I have used is "Celebrating Henry"one I have been waiting to come back into stock for sometime over at the Whiff of Joy site and when I was over there ordering my Christmas Henry stamps last week I was over the moon to find it was back in stock......and even more over the moon when all my new WoJ stamps flew thought my letter box on Saturday morning before I went on holiday, oh you have got to get the Christmas Henry mouse ones they are just so lovely.

I have distressed the edge of the circle with Tim Holtz inks then I stitched the edges with my sewing machine. I also used the distress inks to colour the Henry image it was a nice change from using my copics & promarkers.
And the sentiment stamp is from SU.

20 comments:

Mandi said...

FAB card super dooper colouring xx

Biscuitlid said...

brill - can't believe how much time and effort you've spent making sure your blog is still fun to visit whilst you're away

Victoria
x

SimonSaysStamp.com said...

What a darling wall plaque! I'm such a fan of this image and you enhanced it perfectly with the big cupcake and scalloped shapes!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

June said...

OOOOOh i love this and I want it lol, I wanna know where people get the brilliant ideas from on here!!!! i need some please lol its fabby darlin xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sammie@paperlily cards said...

Sooooo cute xx

Dawn Mercedes said...

ooh, Ilove this image! thanks for joining in on Janet's Corrosive Challenge!

Tracy said...

Wow he's a gorgeous little fellow, and looks great on your wall hanging. Brilliant project Susie.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

gina g said...

Gorgeous Susie love the colour combo and that image is so sweet, hope your enjoying your hols. luv gina xx

Nicola said...

Love how you have coloured Henry and what a gorgeous wall plaque Susie - love your cupcake and awesome sentiment too.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Happy Henry makes me smile, very cute!
Hugs Jacqueline

pinky said...

Love Susie, he's one of my fav images and you've coloured him beautifully. Got myself a wee tiny sewing machine for my desk so hope to have a go at that soon.
Pinky

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous Susie ! I love this plaque !Everything about it is just perfect !

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols and the DT x x

Spyder said...

Love this image!! I'd have it hanging up all year round. So cute
((Lyn))

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Oh wow, this is just so gorgeous. I can see why you wanted this WOJ image so badly, you have coloured him beautifully.

Delish cakes too !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Jo x

Liza said...

Great wall hanger, I love the design. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Janet said...

wow this is soooooo cute! love it! thanks for playing!
hugs

Line said...

What an awesome wallhanger!
The design is fabulous and I just love that little mouse!

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

jannekescreations said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Janneke X

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is just so cute! I love that stamp. That mouse is just the sweetest thing. Thanks for joining us at SSC:)

Sprytebyrd said...

So cute! I've always loved this image! Love what you've done!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular this week! Hope to see you again soon!
Dee