16 Sep 2009

Pretty in pink with Chocolate


There is a lovely Sketch to follow over at the Sugar Bowl challenge and this week they would like us to use Pink & Chocolate in our creation , while over at Stamp something challenge they would like you to use your favourite embellishment mine is the lovely Prima flowers and these stunning brads from Making memories also at Papertake weekly challenge
they are "faking it" this week want to see anything fake (or faux if you are posh) on your cards. This can be stitching, fake lace (ie using a border punch), fake ribbons and bows or flowers so I have used faux Crystal & paper flowers Also over at La La Land challenge they want you to "Embellish it" this week and use at least 3 items to do so.
And last but not least over at Paper play challenge they would like us to make a creation without using any DP.
I have made this cute little chipboard handbag shaped wall hanger , I used one of the first 4 Manga stamps I bought from Sugar Nellies I must admit when I first bought this set I wasn't keen on them but they have grown on me and I have had fun using them, I coloured this one with my copic markers.
I also used Tim Holtz distress inks in antique linen and tea dye to distress the edge of the image and the edge of the hanger also on the embossed circle.
The ribbon is from American crafts , Flower Gems by Hero Arts, flowers by Prima and fancy & glitter brads by Making memories.

27 comments:

Moni said...

Waw so fab gorgeous project, love the colours you have used and the image is so cute! Hugs,Moni

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Susie this is gorgeous love your colouring and that image is super cute:)
Hugzz Val xxx

HazelQ said...

Veru cute! I love the combination pink/chocolate :)

Claire said...

Susie this is definitely pretty in pink. So cute!!

Kath said...

gorgeous Susie and I love the colour combo and your cute image...great take on the challenge and ...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PTW....hugs kath (GDT) xxxxxx

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! Love the scalloped circle!!

pinky said...

This is adorable, lovely colour combo and your colouring is sooo beautiful. Ordered a few bits and bobs from you today so hopefully you see something different from me soon lol.
Pinky

gina g said...

Hi Susie love this one gorgeous colour combo, i love the Manga stamps cant wait for the christmas one's lol. luv gina xx

Maria Matter said...

totally adorable!!! very pretty in pink!!!
Blessings, Maria

Elle-phan-tastic cards said...

Thank you honey for your help, support & purchases! I hope you have received them ok? Thank you Gary too!!

I love this image, its like one of my niece's with Rory when he's a bit bigger ....aww!
Very pretty shades or pink & brown too x

Nicola said...

Awe how adorable Susie, such a sweet image so beautifully coloured and this project rocks - super duper colour combo.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Kathy said...

Fabulous project Susie!! I love the colors you have used and your interpretation of the sketch is fabulous!! Love this sweet image as well!!
Thanks so much for playing along in the Sugar Bowl and La La Land's challenge!
:)Kathy

Sandie said...

Gorgeous card. Love those Manga images. Beautiful colours and embossing!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week. Good luck :)

Lilian said...

Gorgeous creation! That's a lot of challenges there! Great work!
Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a wonderful day!

Kim Y. said...

This is jsut too cute! Love your image and what a great project! Great color too1 Thanks so much for playing along at La La Land Crafts!

Dawny P said...

Oh this is so gorgeous chick. Love the image and colours - a fabulous take on the challenge:) Thank you for joining us over at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxx

Suzie said...

This is gorgeous, so pretty. Suzie x

Julie M said...

Oh this is gorgeous, Susie. I love the colouring, the inking - very subtle but makes all the difference - and your little Manga image.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week (and congrats on winning the prize too!)

Julie

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is darling! Love the purse idea and the sweet images. Thanks for playing at Stamp Something. :)

Karin said...

Fabulous hanger.
love the design, colours, embellishments and adorable image.
Thanks for joining LLWWC.

xoxo karin

Chris (Wellnifty) said...

Hi Susie, doing a catch up here, just had a look at the cards and projects I've missed and I love them all, you totally amaze me, I don't know how you have time to make all those gorgeous creations, run a business and a challenge blog, I have problems just keeping up on my commenting.

Chris xx

Sheila said...

This is just so stunning! I love this everything about it is just gorgeous!!, I love the SN image, I've yet to ink mine up :).
thanks for joining us again this week Susie.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Irina said...

Cute, cute, cute!! What a great project!! Love the pink/brown color combo!!! Thank you so much for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Paul said...

Great project and thanks for joining in with our Embellish It challenge over at La La Land Crafts. I hope you enjoyed it as much I did and join in with us again soon.
TFS
Paul

Ruth said...

Gorgeous!I Love the colour combo,Ruth x

Maureen said...

This is so adorable! Love the image and the different 'bellies! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

How totally adorable! Love the color combination and the embellishments! Terrific job on the coloring too! Thank you for joining in on the fun this week at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane