1 Sep 2009

Ribbons & Bows for Tilda

This week at the Just Magnolia challenge they want to see a card or project using ribbons and bows, so I made this 5 inch round scalloped scrapbook.
I die cut 2 chipboard and 12 card 5" scalloped circles (set aside 8 for the pages)and used the other 4 to cover the chipboard circles.
Then I stamped the sweet Tilda image on a 4" circle cut in white Concord record card and coloured her with copic markers then I stitched the image circle to a 4.5" scalloped circle that I cut in card to make the topper and then glued it to the chipboard cover that I had covered in card .
Next I used my big bite tool to punch a hole through the covers and the pages, I set the cover with an extra large eyelet from weRmemorykeepers then bound them altogether with a large hinged book binding ring and added lots of ribbon to decorate the big ring.
I cut a scalloped decal die cut for the friends sentiment and added a bow and there you have it a book that I am sure any friend would love to receive as a little gift .

15 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

this so pretty,
hugs
Angie

Lora said...

Morning Susie. This is beautiful hunni.
I love how you have been making loads of different things instead of cards. Can't wait to pop over every day to see what you have made :)
Hugs Lora xx

SemSee said...

Soooooooo pretty! Your colouring is gorgeous, and I love that ribbon/bow at the top! Hugs, Sem xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Susie
Wow fabulous,just love this,
Hugs Dianne xx

Juls said...

just gorgeous!! Love the shape of this little book!

Louise said...

It's beautiful, so girlie and gorgeous xx
Louise x

Scrapping Mom said...

So pretty. Pink is the greatest color. I love the ribbon and scalloped circles. I love it all. I have never used the images or stamps you color. I am going to have to ry that soon.

nikkinix said...

You stamp is juuuust so cute!! I've featured your lil booklet on my blog pretty little things to cut

Tracy said...

Susie these books and albums you've been making are so gorgeous and beautiful. I think this may be my favourite one (or could it be the bitty bear one Ummm. And I love the fact your Mo-jo came back in full force and now your making some incredible projects.
Happy crafting
Tracy

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

This is sutnning, so lovely and cute!
Hugs Jacqueline

Claire Ellen Designs said...

oh YUM ! this is soooooooooo very sweet, just like the ' sugar ' that created it, stunning, hugs, Claire xx

Elle-phan-tastic cards said...

my hun you are very busy & making so many lovely none card creations you are very inspiring I just wish I had the energy to make!!

Mina said...

oh wow Susieo pretty and girly too...beautiful.....thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Sam said...

Another amazing project....
Love what you hafve done here.
Sam x

Bev said...

Oh this is fabulous hun, so much beautiful detail and a fabulous choice of colours. Thanks for joining us this week x