12 Oct 2009

Baby loss awareness week / DCD

I don't normally do decoupage as I can't normally be bothered its a bit fiddly for me but this card was worth the extra little bit of effort as its for the Die cut Dreams challenge blog where this weeks challenge is Babies are us.
As the week ahead is "Baby loss awareness week" People whose lives have been touched by the loss of a baby during pregnancy or just after birth are uniting with others across the UK to show their support for the Baby Loss Awareness campaign 2009, which focuses on International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day on October 15th.
On Thursday at 7pm it's the Global Wave of Light.
To join in if you have suffered a lose all you need to do is light a candle at 7pm in honour of the memory of your child.
There will be millions of candles twinkling across the world for our special babies, it's sad but so magical.
I hadn't heard of this campaign until one of our lovely DT Victoria who also suffered the great loss of her baby son Flynn told me about the Wave of Light celebration only the other day.
I lost my baby girl Ruby late in pregnancy 14 years ago between the births of my 2 sons, and as they say time is a great healer....... but you never forget and I think this is a lovely way remember.
To find out more or if you have been affected by a loss or would like to make a donation visit the official website behind these events they are here:
UK SANDs
Babyloss
My card is also my entry for the Stamping sisters in Christ challenge as there theme is Babies this week as well

12 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

What a lovley idea.

Tracy said...

What a wonderful way to remember the little ones. My sister lost one of her triplets, the only girl.
I love your decoupage, and its a gorgeous project for an excellent cause.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lora said...

Lovely card Susie. I have lost 2 babies so can relate too. I think this is a great idea and I will be trying my hardest to enter this week :)
Hugs Lora xx

cats whiskers said...

What a terrific Idea , I lost a little girl 26 years ago and I still think about her most days. I adore this card the decouoaging is wonderful will make a real effort to join in this week
Hugs Jacqui x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

This is beautiful Susie, your decoupage is wonderful, you really should do it more often it looks fab! Love all those pretty charms. I agree that time is a great healer, you dont ever forget when you lose a baby but i now thank god that i have been blessed with 3 beautiful healthy children inbetween those losses.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Nicola said...

Totally gorgeous card Susie, it is so refreshing to see decoupage for a change and you have made this to perfection and your accents are awesome.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Michele said...

This is a great card! I'm so sorry for your loss of Ruby! I lost my first born son 6 years ago and my husband and I have lit a candle on October 15th at 7pm every year since then! It truly is a beautiful way to remember our little one.

Randi said...

I love the little guy in the tub, so sweet.

Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC this week.

Kim Piggott said...

Such a great cause Susie!
Your card is so adorable!
hugs
kim x

Helen said...

How cute! I love the baby in the tub and those embellishments are awesome! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC!
Blessings!
~H

Laura said...

A precious card for a precious cause!

Pamela said...

Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC!!! :)