23 Oct 2009

BoBunny Breast Cancer Awareness Challenge

Today I was in a hurry as I want to go and have lunch at the lovely Leonards restaurant where my 16 year old son is doing his work experience as a chef, its his last day he has been there for 2 weeks and has kept saying mum come in for lunch but with having a cold and one thing or another I haven't managed to get there so today is my last chance to surprise him and when Garry get home from work I am going to surprise him and tell him I am taking him out to treat him to a posh lunch.
But when I opened my emails this morning I read my BoBunny update email to find they have a challenge for Breast Cancer Awareness a charity close to my heart as my mother suffered from the dreaded illness 4 years ago and with surgery was lucky enough to survive.
So I wanted to make time in my busy day to stop and make a card to support the cause and to spread the word of awareness, to do this I did two things to my card firstly I distressed the edges of all the BoBunny papers to signify the distress, I am sure all women feel about firstly going for the tests for any type of Cancer and also the distress of waiting for results and finally receiving the results of the test, but more importantly I took the time to stitch as much on my card as I could to remind us of the old saying "A stitch in time saves nine" so don't worry about the distress take a test it could save your life.
A woman’s risk of breast cancer approximately doubles if she has a first-degree relative (mother, sister, daughter) who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
About 20-30% of women diagnosed with breast cancer have a family history of breast cancer.
for more information visit the Breast Cancer site and remember a test in time could save your life.
To make this card I used the fabulous sketch over at this weeks Just Magnolia challenge and all my DP is from the BoBunny Smitten Collection to tie in with the "Think Pink" theme for the BoBunny challenge.
And at Kraftin Kimmies stamp challengethey want you to use buttons while at the Crafty Catz challenge this week they want to see Buttons and Brads on our creations and at Peachy keen stamps challenge it's Pink & Brown with a piece of ribbon, Stamped image and some glitter, which is the 3 glitter brads and on the chipboard but doesn't show up clearly in the photo ....but trust me its there !!! lol
The other things I used ;
Pretty Magnolia Tilda stamp coloured with promarkers
Flowers from Tabby craft
Brads Doodlebug Designs
Ribbon from MayArts
Heart Buttons I bought on eBay a while ago
And all the other bits and bobs are from my stash
Have a fab day , thank you for dropping by to look at my creation and read my thoughts

25 comments:

Craftyanny said...

A lovely card Susie, enjoy your lunch:)
Anne x

Mandy said...

Susie this is so beautiful hun, well done for helping to raise awareness, 3 of my Aunt's and 1 of my cousin's have all had breast cancer, it's such a terrible illness.
I hope you enjoy your lunch
hugs Mandy xx

Julia Dunnit said...

It's a lovely card Suse, and a great blog article. Hope you have a lovely lunch!

Tracy said...

I spy a card Susie!!! Great cause and your card is so beautiful and for such a good awareness scheme.
Hope you and garry have a great lunch.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mel said...

Aww this is just beautiful :)
Mel x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Really beautiful Susie, love all the shades of pink, the papers are divine and fab stitching! I hope you have a tasty lunch! Im sure Reid will be chuffed that you went.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Bo Bunny said...

Susie...so glad you joined in on the challenge today at the Bo Bunny blog! I love your post and truly love the card!!!! Julia

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wow Susie
A stunning card,and thankyou for joing us again at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx

Cheryl said...

wow hun this is one heck of a card totally brilliant love the deatil just gorgoues love cheryl xxxx
great cause too close to my heart

Christine said...

Hi Susie stunning card but sure it means more than that to you...must have a look at this challenge as I myself am a survivor of this awfull desease..well done .

Big Hugs Christine xxx

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Super Susie, what a lovely card, so beautiful!
Have a nice weekend, Jacqueline

Biscuitlid said...

beautiful card Susie and great awareness post too. So glad your mum is a survivor.

Hope lunch was fabulous = tell us all please!

Victoria
x

Pam said...

Lovely Card Susie. Hope you had a fab lunch. Pam x

Lisa aka Allissa said...

Beautiful card Susie & thank you for the information, such a beautiful card and a very useful post indeed. Thank you sweetheart.

Luv Lisa.xxx

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Very sweet! Love the layout and great job with our button challenge!

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

Dear Susie, Your card is devine indeed! Love all the shades of pink and the papers are beautiful!! Hope your lunch was great too!! :)Hugs, KathyJ

Jilli said...

Pretty card, love all the detail and the cute Tilda! Jillix

carol said...

hello this is gorgeous, love the pink, thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz again, x carol

MichelleO said...

What a wonderful card - love the colors, and your Tilda is just precious! Hope lunch was great! Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolias!

Pattie G said...

Oh my, this card is so adorable. I love the way you colored your image.

luv
Pattie

Suzie said...

Another stunning card, love all your work. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Suzie x

SallyB said...

Hey Susie..great post and lovely Tilda Hun and bless your boy for inviting you to lunch while he is on work experience! Hope you had a lovely time!

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Susie. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card for such a worthy cause! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen.
Viv xx

darcie said...

Gorgeous card for such a wonderful cause!!!