9 Oct 2009

Coffee Lover !!

This week over at the Corrosive challenge blog the theme is Coffee and what could be nicer than a good old early morning cup of strong black coffee to wake you up............I tell you I needed 3 mugs this morning to get me going at 7.30am after being up till 2.30am colouring my Tildas and while watching the new BBC1 series "criminal Justice" on the BBC iplayer its blooming brilliant, I have only seen parts 1 & 2, so I have 3 more to catch up on.
Anyway back to craft; also at Stamp something challengethe challenge this week is Brown and another colour I have used cream.
And at Rosie Dees challenge the theme is Coffee & Cream.
I made this using a chipboard wall hanger kit from my shop.
I stamped the cup & saucer with SU close to coco coloured ink and then used a wet brush and SU creamy caramel ink to shade the cup I then distressed the edge with a Heidi Swapp distressing tool before stitching it to a mat and then using Tim Holtz distress ink on the edge.
I then randomly stamped the large chocolate brown coloured backing shape with with a Dawn Houser funky mug stamp, Made a ticket shape from Kraft card and stamped it with the latte sentiment added some flowers and one of those lovely brads I opened yesterday , punched a couple of holes and set 2 extra large eyelets with the big bite tool, then threaded some American craft ribbon to hang it up and there you have it a wall hanger fit for any coffee love ....just like me !!

16 comments:

Tracy said...

Very refreshing, and great gift for a coffee lover.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Neenie said...

Fab and perfect for any coffee addict!!!x :D

Julia Dunnit said...

I am that addict! Lovely idea, really fab gift.

Juls said...

just Love it!

June said...

Fabulous coffee lovers card, its really lovely sue huggies June xx

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Susie, this is fab! Love that stamp. Is it from SU?

Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's this week.

Rosie
x

brenda said...

Hi Susie

What a fabulous idea and just perfect for coffee addicts.

Thank you for joining us atRosie D's this week.

B x

Saskia said...

Wow! Lovely work! Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's! Good luck!!

Saskia :)

Nicola said...

I´m like you Susie and need a few fresh perked coffees to get me going in the morning. Loving this creation sweetie, great combo and detail and so perfect for every coffee lover.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Dawn Mercedes said...

Thanks for playing along with Janet's Corrosive Challenge Blog this week! This is really a nice gift!

Giovana said...

Your creations makes me want a cup of coffee right now :)
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp Something Challenge.
God bless
Giovana

Giffysk8s said...

LOVE your card! Thanks for playing with us on CCBJ!

Ellephantastic Cards and Crafts said...

Yum, I don't know why but this reminds me of a biscuit!! I'm strange I know!!

Karen said...

WOW Susie...I love this!!! Thank you so much for joining us at R/D's this week. Off to have a look in your shop now XXX

Katt Adams said...

Simply divine!

Alex said...

Beautiful hanger!
hugs, Alex