5 Oct 2009

Handmade flowers for Tilda

At Just Magnolia challenge this week they want us to use handmade flowers that we have made ourselves on our projects and at Pile it on challenge the theme this week is 3 Dimensional.
To Make this wall hanger I used a kit from my shop
The lovely Tilda stamp is from the summer collection and I have coloured her with Copic markers, then stitched and distressed the edge with Tim Holtz Milled Lavender distress ink.
The sentiment stamp is from SU and I have triple stamped it to get the shadow effect, it's stamped onto die cuts from my shop and the pearl heart is from my stash.
The flower is cut using the Ellison/sizzix flower die used in the Just Magnolia tutorial plus the the SU five petal flower punch and the McGill big flower punch, the leaves added in the flower are cut using the Martha Stuart Frond punch, the DP I used for the flowers is Anna Griffins regency lilacs & cream strip, the flower is held together with a crystal brad and fancy spacer from my stash.

20 comments:

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A gorgeous little hanger Susie. So pretty...and I love your flower! ♥

Jennifer said...

Pretty!

Neenie said...

Gorgeous project, Susie! Love your fab flower and that gorgeous image.x :)

Craftyanny said...

Very pretty Susie, the flower is fab.
Good luck with the challenge
Anne x

gina g said...

Gorgeous wall hanger Susie I just love the beautiful flower. luv gina xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Susie this is absolutely fabulous firstly because Tilda is on it but that handmade flowers is quite striking

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

I really like your handmade flower, super work!
Hugs Jacqueline

Christine said...

This is gorgeous Susie love the soft colour combo & that flower wow it smells blooming lovely...LOL.

Hugs Christine xx

pinky said...

Wow so many punches, but the flowers are beautiful.
Pinky

sassy said...

aw sweetie this is stunning...love the colour and well everything just superb...well done you...lvs sassyx

Penny D. said...

Sooo adorable!

Julie said...

Fab project - such pretty colours and your flower is perfect!

Katie said...

Just Gorgeous!!
I'd love that hanging on my wall.
Thanks for playing along at PIO.

Mandy said...

Oh Susie this is so beautiful hun, the flower is gorgeous
hugs Mandy xx

jordiegirl said...

The flower is beautiful, great hanger.

Mark said...

Awesome project. Lovely! I found this Tim Holtz storage and tools at Christina’s Crafts. Check this one out!

scrapgirlmarianne said...

Just one thing: GORGEOUS!!!!
This is really great, love it.

Hugs Marianne

Gosia said...

It's beautiful!
Hugs

Nicola said...

Fabulous colouring of this gorgeous Tilda Susie and your flower has the WOW factor - ooh it´s awesome.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Susie this is amazing!
I love your wonderful design and your colouring is beautiful!
Love your flower stunning!
So happy that you have joined us at Just Magnolia!
hugs
kim x