16 Oct 2009

Henry's Hot Chocolate Door Hanger


I'm not ready for winter yet I have been trying to hold on to the last bit of summer but its gone for another year and we defiantly have autumn on our doorsteps today which means winter is lurking just around the corner.
Until today I hadn't really got in the spirit of crafting for Christmas but I have been hopping round all the other lovely craft blogs out there and have found the inspiration to make some Christmas projects, so this is the first one a Christmas door hanger made with one of my kits and die cuts all available in my shop Die cut Dreams.
The stamp I have used is one of the new Whiff of Joy Henry mouse Christmas collection I have coloured him with Copic markers stitched and distressed the edge of the oval with my Heidi Swapp distress tool and Tim Holtz "old paper" Distress ink then mounted it onto a scalloped die cut.
I then added lots of festive coloured ribbons, button, punched snowflakes and gems from my stash, the sentiment stamp is from HOTP
I have entered it into the following challenges;
Charisma cardz challenge - Distressing
Creative inspirations - Christmas in October
WoJ challenge - use a Die cut
Idico Saturday Challenge - Stitching
Cupcake craft challenge - Stitching and Buttons
Crafty Catz Challenge - Snowflakes
Paper play challenge - Favourite Embellishment (I used Gems & Ribbons)

22 comments:

pinky said...

This is gorgeous Susie, love the colour of the door hanger and that stamp is just brilliant, think i need him. Crikey my circles are slowly disappearing and they have been so useful, will be back to order more very soon.
Pinky

scrappyjacky said...

Another gorgeous doorhanger,Susie.... you're a real expert on these now!!! Love the stamp you've used....and a lovely green.

Tracy said...

Oooo love the snowflakes, love that image and your colours are so festive.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Susie
Your hanger is gorgeous,love the colours,
Hugs Dianne xx

Jenny said...

Thanks for joining us again at Ildi Co's Creative Challenges. I love your work! Great job on the sewing :)

Biscuitlid said...

yey Christmas! This is so bright and cheerful, just fabbo

Victoria
x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

He is a cutie Susie, that little grin on his face and lovely cup of choccy. You have chosen great colours for him and he looks fab on the hanger

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Susie, what a gorgeous door hanger. Such a cute image and the embellishments are perfect. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Sally said...

Adorable door hanger. Would be great to find that on your door some morning. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz.

Queenie said...

Hi Susie i love your doorhanger so so cute!!!
Thanks for joining us over at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

POPPET said...

This is just gorgeous both my girls would love this, thanks for joining us at Cupcake massive hugs pops x

Ellephantastic Cards and Crafts said...

This is fab Susie I love it. I've got my hanger ready to decorate, not quite decided what I'm putting on it though, had a few ideas so trying to decide!!

Hope you have a good weekend
Hugs
Helen x

Krümel said...

What a great door hanger! Makes me want some hot chocolate. Great coloring!

Thanks for playing with Cupcake Craft this week.

Kathrin aka Kruemel

Julie M said...

Oh that's really really cute, Susie. Makes me feel all Christmassy!!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie

KarenB said...

Oh this is way too cute! I'm so digging that image and the fact you made it into a door hanger! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week and playing along with my challenge!!!!

Swaantje said...

Hello Susie,
the door hanger is cute..
The little image is very cute and the colours are great.
Have a nice day.
Hugs
Swaani

Allison said...

fab idea, lovely colours and the image is too cute
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Tracey said...

Stunning Door Hanger Susie, love that bright green & the image is sooo cute :-)

Have a good week.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Kate said...

Ooh I love Gems and Ribbons too. This door hanger is gorgeous! I know what you mean about hanging onto summer, I've been trying to do the same thing!
Thanks so much for taking part in Paperplay this week and best of luck!

Denise Clark said...

Your door hanger is absolutely adorable! I love the image! Hot chocolate sounds pretty good on this chilly morning!

Claire Ellen Designs said...

Another great hanger Susie, fabby colouring, thanks for joining us this week at WOJ, hugs, Claire xx

Vee said...

A Cristmas Door Hanger what a Fab idea. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
xx Vee