9 Nov 2009

"One Step Beyond" Wall Hanger

Hope everyone has had a great day , mine has been cold but good.
This is my project for over at the Die cut Dreams challenge blog where this week Vikki has done a fab sketch with a snowy theme , please pop over and see the rest of the DT work and why not join in the fun, this weeks prize is 2 of my mini blank chipboard books.
My DT example of Vikkis sketch started off as the card in the top photo but I decided to take it one step further and make it into a chipboard hanger , that you can see in the second lot of photos.
To make this Hanger I used 2 6x6 pieces of Bazzill card which I have sewn on the sewing
The Glittered DP is MME I have stitched and distressed the edges
The image is a whipper snapper stamp called .....yes you guessed it "Jingle-balls"
I have used Copic pens to colour it in and distressed the edge of the circle with Tim Holtz old paper ink
I have used 2 Martha Stuart snowflake punches and the other snowflake punch used is from X-cuts
I added some flat back pearls to finish it off, and some ribbon to hang it up.


I have entered this into the following challenges
Crafty card makers Stamping
Cupcake craft challenge Snow much fun
Stamping Vacation Challenge - Pick 3 challenge my 3 are;
Cotton from my sewing box as I stitched on my sewing machine.
Christmas Red & Green traditional colors you would see on a holiday
And Pearls found in a jewelry box
Polly craft Challenge No Cards

23 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Susie, what a gorgeous card/wall hanger. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. The papers are gorgeous and the ribbon is stunning. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Danni said...

How cute!!

Cherry said...

Gorgeous hanger Susie - love the colouring. Hugs Cherry XXX

Elizabeth Sanders (lizzymayfairies) said...

Hi Susie
your wall hanger is rely beautiful
lv Liz xx

Dragonlady said...

Hi therre,

Great wall hanging and so easy to do. Love those snowmen.

Hugs Ali x

SallyB said...

Very festive! I love your door hangers..I quite fancy one for my front door...saying 'Happy Christmas...BUT your'e not coming in unless you have bought the lady of the house a huge present!!!' Can our Gary cut one that big?

Mandy said...

Susie this is gorgeous hun, so sweet and pretty, your colouring is beautiful as always
hugs Mandy xx

Biscuitlid said...

OMG I finally realise it says snow balls not snow men - where have my eyes been? Lol!

Fab hanger and such cute snowballs too!!

Victoria
x

Sue said...

aww susie this is gorgeous hun, luv the image, coloured perfect as always. scrummy papers hun, luv it, sue.x

Neenie said...

Gorgeous hanger, Susie! Love the glittered paper and that fab image.x :)

Caryn said...

Wonderful christmassey wall hanger - love the image. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Sue said...

wow,this is gorgeous and i love the cute image,thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

sue

xx

Kathyk said...

Fabby hanger - I'm a fan of your wall/door hangers too Susie.
Kathyk

Denise Clark said...

Wonderful! I love the distressed edges! Also, all the details like the snowflakes with gems and those pearls, are just gorgeous! Terrific image too! Great job!

Thanks so much for playing along with the PICK 3 Challenge! I really appreciate it!

Liza said...

A gorgeous wall hanger. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

shortyrose said...

The hanger is wonderful. I like the coloring, too! And the image is great!!!

Greetings from Germany
shortyrose

Alison L said...

This is really gorgeous. Your colouring is beautiful. Regards Alison

Nicola said...

Absolutely adorable. Love your image, fab colouring and yummy papers Susie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Paula said...

great project! thanks for joining us at pollycraft xx

Donna said...

Fantastic wall hanger Susie, just perfect for our snowy theme challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

POPPET said...

Hi Hun, this is amazing i love the colours on this little super cute door hanger, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week, big hugs pops x x x

Denise Clark said...

Susie, just wanted to let you know that your card is being featured as one of the TOP 3 for the PICK 3 Challenge at Stamping Vacation! Great job!

Vixykins said...

This is great Susie, the distressing really works nicely with it x

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and please check out our new challenge x