19 Nov 2009

Sparkly Friend !!!

Here's my Pink & Glittery DT piece For My second Susie's Sassy Challenge
, I designed these 2 dies myself about a year ago its makes the 15" long plaque which proved to be one of my most expensive craft mistakes I have made........as they cost me an arm and a leg !!! to be made and sent from the USA , when they arrived I realized I had made a big boo boo !! I had asked the guy who made them for me to make it so the Die cut was 4" high not thinking about the dimensions of my drawing as to make it 4" high meant that it was 15" long and the actual dies were 17" long making them to long to be cut with even the long Sizzix cutting plates !! so I had to then find a company that could make me the plates in the length I needed so I could use the dies on the Big shot machine, which made the total cost of my mistake even More expensive by the time I paid for the plates.
But when I finally got the plates ....guess what I had gone off the idea and put them away writing the whole thing off as my biggest craft mistake to date !!
But I decided to get them out again the other day so this is the first time I have made something with them , worth the money and all the hassle in the end and I think I will make more plaques with them now, they will make great gifts, this one is a gift for my best mate who I think will love it hanging in her craft room.
I hope you will come and join in the Susie's Sassy Challenge Here
the theme this time is Pink and Sparkly so I look forward to seeing all your lovely entries.

Thanks for dropping , have a great evening

8 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

I love this, what a great wall plaque and you are right it will make a fab gift
Hugs Jackie x

Pinkllilac said...

Oh Susie I love your big craft mistake and your friend will love it, what a beautiful gift.

Hugs Linda

Mandy said...

Susie this is gorgeous hun, love the pretty embellies and love the letters you designed
hugs Mandy xx

sassy said...

its a super creation susie..mistakes do happen and often turn out to be brill as things happen for a reason ..this surely has hugs sassyxx

helen ... said...

oh this is definitey a great gift =), you make a great choice ,the pink colour works so good on this plaque =)
hugssssssss
helen

☼ Cheryl* said...

It is lovely!!!

Lisa aka Allissa said...

You already know how much I lurrrrve these hun. Really special gift. You are so clever from start to end.

Luv n Hugs
Lisa.xxx

Tammy said...

This is a gorgeous creation you designed!! Love it!