11 Nov 2009

WOYDW....Tidy or not ? !!!! lol

Morning all, this morning you have caught me in the middle of making my entry for the Whiff of Joy challenge blog , but its OK your disturbing me I'm having a break waiting for the crackle glaze to dry on the tree, so come on in make yourself at home!!! lol ............. last Saturday I was telling my DCD DT girls how hard I was working having such a mega crafty tidy up and I showed them the before photos (well it wasn't so much before as half way through as I had made more mess tidying up than I had started with as I had pulled so much out of draws and cupboards) but by Saturday evening / Sunday morning I was at last tidy and all areas were spick & span.
One of my DT girls Karen said "lets see the after photos before its messy again" I thought golly Karen has no faith in me !!! lol I told her she would have to wait till WOYDW to see the the tidy result ..........I should have taken the photo Sunday !! Karen was right , nothing good last forever !! lol
But this week I decided to show you the other side of my room where I do my card sewing as this is still tidy (only as I have only sewn 2 cards since Sunday !! so I guess it may not look this tidy in a few days time !! he he.) If your wondering "Where did she get those handy tiered baskets towers from?" well it was Home base and they were really cheap only about £6.99 each and they hold loads, the one on the top is holding all my glimmer & cosmic mists in the top tier and in the lower 2 tiers all my glitters, and the tower in the cupboard below is holding some of my ribbon collection.Lastly I have a question for you in these 3 boxes are half of my punch collection the other half is stored in a set of plastic draws upstairs , but these ones I keep out as I use them the most, in the first tub is all my SU punches in the middle is all Martha Stuart punches and in the end are all odd ones. I have stored them like this so I can find them easily but I would rather have them in some sort of rack or something I can grab them from easily so if you have any ideas please share them with me to prevent me pulling my hair out !! lol, just one thing though I don't have any wall space so a wall mounted rack is not the answer for me, it would have to be some thing free standing.
So come on now you've have had a snoop around my work space do you feel like joining in the fun ?!!! ...........if so all you have to do is take a photo of your desk top/ work space just as it is right now, don't go and tidy .....show us the real you!!!
Then just post your photo of your desk/work space on your blog and pop over to Julia's blog Stamping Ground blog and join in all the fun of Whats on your desk Wednesday by leaving a comment on the WOYDW post there........... you will soon become hooked and find you are one of the regulars over at Julia's place every Wednesday morning (do bring biscuits !!! lol) !!!

22 comments:

Susan said...

Wow - look at all those goodies - punch heaven!
Can I come play?! LOL
SuzyX

Milliesmarvels said...

Wow! This is so tidy! I love all your punches, I want to come and play with them and you are right, the baskets do hold loads, although mine does need a tidy out right now, bit like the rest of my craft bits and bobs! I seem to spend ages sorting it then it gets all messy again.
The stuff on my orange sponge is ink from an ATC I made ages ago so I am not sure how it has ended up on my desk again! Mybe it fell from my tubs above...
What have you got stored in all your little really useful boxes? Looks so tidy! Am jealous!
Jane
x

Julia Dunnit said...

Looks bloomin' tidy to me Mrs! Love your tiered baskets..looked at them several times myself, but of g sake I must stop buying storage!! Am gonna be NO HELP with the punches..I have many many less thanyou, but they are flung in a basket...but hidden behind a cupboard door, for dignity's sake!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh very tidy indeed and so organised! :)
Anne x

Diamond Doll said...

What a fab lot of crafting goodies you have all those punches how lucky are you MS ones aswell i have 2 but it,s nearly xmas whoo hoo.
Question for you Nesties HOW? they look fab.I cant show you my table as just tidyed it so i can cut my dogs hair.But my crafty cellar is nearly ready,may post a pic of it so far.
Trish (-:

Yvonne said...

Fab , fab , Fab .. urm now the punchies ... that is a hard one .. what about Getting the OH to make you a free standing thing like a clothes horse but smaller one , so you can put them in like we do on the wall !

Neenie said...

Crikey, you've got a ton of punches!!! I'm sooo envious right now. Re. storage, I've seen people use an over-the-door tidy pocket system, but I reckon you'd probably need twenty doors to accomodate your collection! Your desk's still too tidy, though.....I'm glad my camera battery needs charging up!x :)

Wipso said...

What a fab craft space. A x

scrappyjacky said...

Looks pretty tidy too me....I never cease to be amazed by all your goodies.

Kaz said...

This week I have punch envy! The desk is looking mighty tidy this week, well done you xx

Pam said...

That looks Suspiciously tidy to me, have you really been crafting today. I'm not sharing mine till later as you will tell me off(!) I took my photo earlier then had a tidy up and have lost the photo!So I'm going to make dinner take Jake to/from hockey then make some cards for a ladies night tomorrow so that should create enough mess and interest for you to nosy at. Hugs Pam :-) xx

Biscuitlid said...

wow Susie it really WAS tidy wasn't it? I notice the absence of your usual coffee?

Erm I think the best way to organise your punches would be to pop them all in a huge box labelled 'Must send to Victoria'......ha ha!

I keep mine in my drawers (not that sort naughty!) my best scrapbook storage drawers, the 3 inch ones are deep enough to store all those punches.

Victoria
x

Sam said...

woah - tidy!! ;-) Why is it such a pain to tidy up after each session!! It would be so much easier if we could just jump up and go and then come back to a clean and tidy desk ready to start again!!

As for punches - I don't have as many as you do, but I use a free standing wire basket thingie - the kind that you might normally use for fruit and veg in the kitchen and that seems to work for me, but I am getting perilously close to overflowing so I need more ideas too!

Craftyanny said...

Your desk is almost as tidy as mine today Susie but I ain't showing lol
huggles
Anne x

Pinkllilac said...

Susie you are so tidy and love all those punches I have along way to go with my MS punces to catch up with you, I got my first one today from the UK, love it, shame they don't sell them here lol.
Hugs Linda

sammie@paperlily cards said...

Wow!! i don think ive seen so many punches!!

Lora said...

OMG Susie!! I wouldn't know where to start if I had all that stash! Iv'e been moaning to the other half that I want a few MS punches. Think I will go show him this pic then he might not be so quick to say that I have enough punches aleady lol. I don't have any MS ones though so he will just have to give in and buy me some :)
Hugs Lora x

LadyBug said...

what a wonderfully tidy crafting space! i love your sewing area and would love above all else enough space to have my sewing machine and (son to be owned) Cricut out ready to use at a moments notice. I'm at a loss with storage for all those punches sorry.

Stempelientje said...

Go to the nearest Ikea!
http://www.trishastidbits.com/345/punch-storage/
Greetings from Stempelientje

Nicola said...

Ooh what fabulous stash- I wanna come and play. I keep most of my punches in a tall shallow drawered chest, will take a piccie later.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Karen said...

Flippin heck Susie, how many punches...... lol. I am the proud owner of 1 MS punch! I keep mine in a free standing wire veg rack too, which is starting to over flow......

xx

Kathy said...

well it still looks pretty tidy to me. And as for your sewing area, well that's just so tidy and well organised with that bit. that it's creepy! lol Come on Girl, you're letting the side down - I shall expect better for next week.