1 Dec 2009

WOYDW ? Trees thats what !!

Well this is whats on my desk today, instead of showing you my normal mess I thought I would show you a project that's on my desk instead (that doesn't mean there's no mess coz there is !!!) Anyway I made this card to fit the challenges below.
I used a die that I designed myself a couple of years ago, I cut out the trees with the die on the Big shot machine, first I cut them in chocolate card and then in BasicGrey paper from the figgy collection. Then I cut off the tree trunks from the designer paper trees and discarded little stumps.
The tall triangles I was left with I distressed the edges of with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink and then glued them to the chocolate coloured card trees as you can see on my desk. I used 3 of the trees to make this card and the other 3 are for another project.
Other things I used to make this card;
MS deep edge punch
Sewing machine
Reindeer tree decoration (from Tesco's ...Thanks for the tip Claire)
BG Button and twine
K&co Ancestry.com Gems
Prima Christmas flowers
Doodlebug Designs Glitter brads
K&co tartan paper
Pearl head pins from Tabby crafts
Whiff of Joy Flourish stamp (not that clear but its stamped in brown near the flowers)
I have entered my card into the following challenges;
Allsorts challenge Buttons
Pile it on challenge/ Flowers & Flourishes
C4C challenge Punch
2 red bananas Challenge winter/Christmas
Corrosive challenge Christmas Red & Green
Cupcake craft challengeRed & Green
Rosie D‘s Challenge Red & Green and a bit of bling
Incy wincy Challenge Red & Green
Secret Crafter Challenge Christmas Trees
Ginger snap challenge Winter wonderland
Stamp with fun challenge Xmas
The Creative card crew challenge Christmas
Everybody-Art Stitching
so now do you feel like joining in the fun of "Whats on your desk Wednesday"?!!! ...........if so all you have to do is take a photo of your desk....... just as it is right now, don't go and tidy .....show us all of your creative work space!
Then just post your photo on your blog and pop over to Julia's blog Stamping Ground blog and join in all the fun of Whats on your desk Wednesday by leaving a comment on the WOYDW post there........... you will soon become hooked and find you can't wait for Wednesday to come round every week !!
Thanks for visiting my blog have a great day.

40 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Cor those wooden Accu Cut dies take me back! Love the trees.
Can;t take credit for the wedding invites on my blog post Suse, a photo that was sent to me from another, more patient person!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fab project Susie, the trees look lovely and I love the reindeer ;) Tesco's isn't that far, perhaps I should make a trip!
Anne x

Susan said...

Love your card - am now tempted to pay a visit to Tescos! ;-)
Hugs
SuzyX

Milliesmarvels said...

I have some of those Reindeers, they are fab aren't they and I get a kind of strange satisfaction from pulling out the little strings that they are meant to hang on :-)
Fab card and lovely desk too! I could just sit straight down and craft away!
Jane
x

Carmen said...

I have those reindeer, I'm thinking of altering them like I did the angels but with piccies of the mutts instead :D :D

I love the pins you've attached to the card, just lovely.

Nilla said...

Beautiful, love the trees, thanks for sharing and for joining the Christmas challenge at SWF! Hugs Nilla

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh sorry darling, thought the die looked like an Accu-cut one. How about I just say 'the wooden mounted style of that die really takes me back'.....

Angie said...

Love the card and all the bits that make it up....those trees are very versatile.

Denise Clark said...

Susie, check out my blog! You're the November winner of the PICK 3 challenge!

pinky said...

Great project Susie, love the papers you used for the trees.
Pinky

Laura said...

Really lovely card. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Gingersnaps

Teresa said...

Really nice card. That reindeer is super cute too. Thanks for joining the banana challenge.

Alex said...

Like your trees!
Thanks for joining EAC again ;O)
Hugs, Alex

scrappyjacky said...

This is lovely,Susie...and I've got some of those reindeer....what a bargain.

Wipso said...

Fab card. Think I may need a visit to Tescos too. A x

Iris said...

Your card is absolut amazing, brilliant art work.

Thanks for joining us at EAC.

Hugs
Iris

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous Susie, love your trees and that fab colour combo! Jo x

Pam said...

Your are busy, love the reindeers and the trees look great.

Hugs Pam x

Liz said...

love these Trees are brilliant Thanks for Joining Incy incy this week

Liz xx

brenda said...

Hi Susie

Love the contemporary Christmas trees.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us ar Allsorts and Rosie D's.

B x

Kaz said...

Ooo lovely card and trees and ooo clever you designing a die. How do you go about getting it made then?

You can't beat a bit of figgy pudding! xx

ps glad you like the girls xx

Debs said...

Hi Susie
Gorgeous card hun. Love the trees.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Saskia said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge!!

Saskia :)

Sam said...

ahhhhh is THAT where those reindeer came from!? I need to dash to Tescos asap!! I like the card that you made; it never occured to me that people could make their own diecuts!!

Loz (Aus) said...

Wow! When you combine challenges, your REALLY combine challenges!

Ciacchina said...

questa card con gli alberelli è bellissima!

LadyBug said...

Loving the papers you have used for the three trees. and I have those reindeer as well ;)

Kathy said...

ohhhh doesn't this all look lovely and seasonal. Great papers, fab trees and the finished project looks perfect.

I have "done" something especially for you today

Kathy said...

Oh SuSie, I do beg your pudding - as my Grandma would have said!

Thanks for the message - I always find myself chuckling at your messages!

They're not my vitamins - it's an empty ibuprofen container with kid-proof lid - just perfect for putting water in - I'm cack-handed and tend to spill it, you see!

Kathy said...

oh, and I'm sorry about not making you a coffee - I'll try harder to be a better hostess in future

Gingersnap Stampers said...

Your forest and deer are amazing! Love the whole piece! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Winter Wonderland Challenge!

Jenny said...

Great card. Nice to see something different.
Thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

Cheryl said...

wow you have been so busy and all those challenges too brilliant card hun your detail as usuall is amazing thanks so much for jioning us at incy designs this week love cheryl xxx

Cathy said...

Fab project and great Christmas trees.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Lovely card! You created the design on the die too?! Clever you! I wouldn't know where to start.

Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's this week. Hope to see you again soon.

Rosie
x

Lynette said...

Very pretty cards! What a whole lot of challenges combined - awesome. Thanks for playing the 2RedBananas challenge this week!

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Susie, what a stunning card. I love the trees and the little reindeer is so cute. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Deanna said...

Beautiful, love the abstract trees!

Dee - PIO

Heather "Hev" said...

I try to do trees like that and they always look blah!!

Love what you have done here :)

Thank you for joining us over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge

Good luck - hope to see you in our next challenge :)