4 Jan 2010

Back to School


I expect lots of you have children that have gone back to school today, mine both went off this morning with long faces as it was so cold and they had to get up so early, to be honest with you I didn't want to get up and out in the cold either but I had to put a brave face on and grit my teeth as we scraped the ice off the car window telling the boys it was a lovely day and it wasn't cold merely fresh !! lol
Well this is my DT card for the Die cut Dreams challenge blog this week the theme is "Back to School".
I masked and stamped Tilda on the pile of books on to Crimson & Blake water colour paper and instead of colouring directly onto the paper with my Copic markers I scribbled onto my paint pallet with the Copic markers and picked up the ink with a wet paint brush (not dripping wet, I patted the drips onto a piece of kitchen towel before picking up the ink)
I used DP from K&Co Hopscotch pad and stitched round all the edges on my sewing machine.
The flowers are Prima and the A+ brad is from my stash (I think it may be by Spare parts)
The white ABC is making memories rub-ons and I used a page from a calender tab which I distressed with Tim Holtz old paper Distress inks.
Saturday Spotlight Challenge CRAZY with calendars!
Just us Girls Challenge Sketch
Roses on paper challenge colouring with your favourite medium
C4C challenge Polka dots

16 comments:

Tracy said...

The colouring is lovely and it's a really sweet card, Love that Tilda Susie, she's so cute.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Bit of a shock to the systems wasn't it hon. My two trudged off with long faces this morning. Awwww! Love your card Susie. Its gorgeous and bound to bring a smile to anyone's face.

Lauren x

Dawn B. said...

It was so hard crawling out of bed today and to get mine on the bus..Love holidays for moms...

This is adorable..I love the Tilda you used...Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is so adorable! Love the theme and your coloring is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! Happy New Year!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! This is just gorgeous!! I love your calendar tacked onto your layout!! Makes for a wonderful "back to school" creation!! :) Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Julia Aston said...

love this bespeckled Tilda sitting on her books! great calendar card!

Jane said...

Oh my two don't start back til the 11th!!

Love the card!

Erin... said...

Such a gorgeous card!!! My little one hopped right on the bus today she missed her friends too much to want to stay home! I wanted to be in bed though!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Saturday spotlight this week:)

Gabby said...

Adorable!

Thanks for playing along with JUGs! Hope to see you next week!

Gabby~guest DT

Lisa Kind said...

Well, I was one of those "kids" that had to go back to school today...I'm a teacher! I had a longer face, let me tell you! LOL!!

Your card is very cute and I appreciate you using our JUGs sketch! Thanks so much for playing!

Leah the Orange said...

this is one of my FAVE Tildas - i love that studious look! :)

fabulous, sweet teacher card, Susie!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how cute!! Love your use of the calendar and the image!! Gorgeous colors and design!!Great take on the Sat. Spotlight Challenge. Thanks for joining us.

Lea L. said...

This is so cute!! I love the added calendar! Great job with the JUG's sketch!!

♥Lea

Alicia said...

This is adorable. I love the image and the calendar is too cute!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Susie!! I just wanted to be sure you knew that you've won the sponsor prize over on Saturday Spotlight this week! Congrats!! Please contact me for details!! HUGS

Kristie said...

Love your Tilda!! She looks great on the stack of books :)