5 Jan 2010

That's Snow Business !!!!

I know other parts of the country already have quite deep snow and I have seen photos on blogs of other parts of the world with really really deep snow like my lovely DT member Helene who lives in Sweden who had snow half way up her front door !!!
But it only started to snow here in Gosport earlier this afternoon and by early evening about 7pm my back yard looked like this only a couple of inches of the white stuff but enough to send the neighbourhood kids into a frenzy !!! lol so I though I would share my little bit of snow with you !! he he
My little tool shed has a little white hat and my patio has a lovely white blanket, which I know will be full of Woody's foot prints first thing in the morning!!!.
It all looks very pretty and unspoilt at the moment but ........................
look whats happened to my poor tropical tree/plant thing the weight of the snow has made it look very sad and that's not all my sky dish is laden with snow and I have no sky signal so no TV !!! we don't even have what we call the 5 normal channels because where we live if you don't have sky or cable you don't have any signal ......so that's why I'm on here boring you with my snow !!! lol

13 comments:

Mandy said...

Your snow is beautiful Susie, it's snowing really heavy here in Somerset and it all looks so pretty, we don't get it here that often so I'll be taking my piccy's in the morning.
Keep warm hunny
hugs Mandy xx

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow Beautiful pictures, I'm jealous! It's over 70 degrees in Southern Cali right now!

scrappyjacky said...

It looks so lovely,Susie....love it when it's newly fallen....not so much later!!It hasn't reached us yet.
Thanks for your advice on where to get the cc stamp.

Fran said...

It looks beautiful, I wish it snowed in winter where I live. right now I am in the middle of a scorching summer so I will probably be back again to gaze longingly at you snow photos :)

Lauren Hatwell said...

No snow for us yet either. The boys are deeply distressed.... Thanks for sharing your snow with us Susie. Lauren x

Sarah A said...

Hi Susie

I posted some snowy pictures on my blog. It had only fallen as deep as your photos when I went to bed last night, then when we got up this morning it was up to my 6 year old daughters knees.... have a look on my blog and that is probably what you will wake up to in the morning!!! My mum had to brush the snow off her satellite dish to get a signal :-)

Sarah x

LoloDesigns said...

Ooh I am soo jealous! We haven't had any this week yet, my sister is wanting it as the school said they won't open if it does snow so she gets a day off :o) I'll have to a snow dance for her or you could blow some up to Cambridge for me! xx

Terry Oulboub said...

Ohhhhh Susie...I love the snow. I so envy you all who get it like rain. It is beautiful - thank you for sharing this - it isn't boring at all. I love it.

jiminyjapes said...

Hi Susie. I live in Stubbington so I know how much snow you've had! I had the same problem with my Sky dish, so up onto the extension roof go I with a brush and swept the snow off the dish & presto!Mind you had to do it quite a few times and I'm lucky that the dish is just outside my son's bedroom window and I can also reach it with a mop! What you have to do eh?!
Heather

Tracy said...

We have about 6/7 inches of snow and yesterday most schools were closed, i had all three kids at home. Then this morning I think every school in Leeds is shut, won't get much done today. I'll pop my photos on the blog today but there probably will be a mixture of kids and dogs rolloing in the snow too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Oh it looks so pretty Susie, and i love your little tool shed window hehehe. So when are you off out to make your snowman then??? xxxxxxxx

SallyB said...

Hey there Susie! Happy New year...a bit belated...I have just done my first post back from new York!! I am itching to get back to some cardmaking! Snow is still falling here and our schools are closed so a few extra days off for my girls! I have just put the christmas decs away and am doing the tidying up and hoovering..clothes washing next!
Chat to you soon!

Kristy Young said...

Oh wow! Look at all that beautiful snow! I wish it snowed here!
Kristy xo