6 Jan 2010

WIYGW !!

WIYGW!!? WHAT ? I hear you ask .............its "Whats In Your Garden Wednesday !! I haven't even thought about "Whats on your desk Wednesday" yet today after being woken up at the crack of dawn by my youngest son Woody to ask if he could build a snowman, by 8am I gave in and let him out into the snow to build his snowman .................
By 8.30am and after a snowball fight with older brother Reid (who has now gone off to play snowball fights in the park with the "Big" boys !!lol) a small snowman's body was visible and poor Woody looked cute but half frozen poor love.................... While Woody continued to freeze and finish his work of art in ice I took the above photo of our garden view out of the living room window, if starting to fall heavy now ........... So I though its time to thaw Woody out with some hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and marshmallows, his face was a little ray of sunshine as I handed it over to him I think he knew it was time to come in ("its hard work building a snowman on your own mum" he told me!! bless him) He has named it John after his dad in hope it will come to life like in the film "Jack Frost"
In just half an hour since Woody has come in the snow is falling so fast the back yard is covered again where Woody had cleared to make his snowman
Well I hope you all have a warm and safe day , I'm off to make a coffee then to sort out my WOYDW photos so I'll be back later with another post and hopefully a card or 2
Thanks for dropping by
Hugs Susie xx

16 comments:

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Awww Woody what a fantastic snowman, looks like you had great fun building him well done Woody!. Bet you really enjoyed your scrummy hot choccy that mum made you.

Susie my god he is the image of you in that last photo! you enjoy your coffee darling and look forward to seeing your desk and creations later today.
Love n hugs
Viks xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Bless him..it may not come to life but it will be taller before the day is out!

Ellephantastic Cards and Crafts said...

Aee bless him! He's brave. I nipped out to feed my buns & came straight back in again. Its like a blizzard out there today & after they said it would be sunny today!

Helen x

Wipso said...

Aw bless him. Happy memories of childhood.
A x

pinky said...

Oh to be young, the thought of going out in the falling snow sends chills down my spine, am I getting old or what! Though it you made me a cup of that nice hot chocolate I might be persuaded lol. Its falling like mad over her in NI too.
Pinky

Linda Elbourne said...

Oh bless ... I would play snowball fights with Woody ... LOVE playing in snow but my daughter(22) is at that age where she could n't possibly get cold or mess up her make-up and my son (23) ... well ... they grow far too quickly! Great pictures and mines a hot choccie too.
As for Tim dies ... get in the queue ... I want em all and I want em now!!!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Great snowman Woody. You KNOW its proper snow when you've got enough to make a snowman.... My two boys have had to go to school today but they'll be champing at the bit to get out in the snow when they come home. Enjoy your day. Lauren x

Carmen said...

I don't even like hot chocolate but that does look yummy! He looks like he is having so much fun :D

Biscuitlid said...

aaah bless him. He's a fab looking kiddo Susie. And I have a little tear going on now after reading he named him after his Dad That film gets me every time. Just want to give Woody a big hug now (()).

Thanks for sharing such fab photos
keep warm
Victoria
x

Terry Oulboub said...

Your son is adorable Susie - making the snowman - oohhhh, soooo cute; almost makes me wish my three sons were little again - but we didn't have snow, so never mind the thought! I love these snow pictures - so much snow - so much fun! Ahhh...and the hot chocolate from mommy - how cool is that? So fun...thanks so much for sharing those photos - I just love SNOw!! But I know it can be hazardous so I hope in snow ridden places everyone is being safe.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Erm, don't you think that was a hint for you to help him build his snowman? hehe The hot chocolate was just the ticket to keep him going though ;)
Anne x

Pam said...

Looks like he had lots of fun, my two did as well whist I was at work boh! Although I must admit watching around 30 of my work colleague have a snow ball fight and build snowmen in the car park during their lunch break broke the boredom of the day!
Hugs Pam

HazelQ said...

Nice pictures!! Woody's snowman is really cool, he's really brave to build it on his own in such a cold weather :)
Have a nice day!
Hugs
Hazel

Viipula said...

Wow, i can imagine that little boy is very exited to get to see and play with snow!! Now here in Finland, we have about 25 cm snow and -25 celcius degrees!Hrr....cold!=)

Leah the Orange said...

since the snowfriend's name was not also Woody/Edward, i'm not so sure that mug belongs to him! :D i'll bet your guy needed the warming after being out there! it looks BRRRRRRR! i'll sit inside, thanks! hee hee.

hope everyone stays safe!

Kaz said...

AAww Woody's snowman is lovely Suzie. He has proper accessories, whereas Mopsy just has stones and twigs.

I can vouch for it being tough going building a snow creation. Shame I didn't get hot choc with marshmallows - I'm coming to yours for the next snowfall xxx