16 Feb 2010

Drama Drama.....Drama !!!

Wanna laugh ? read on...................... yesterday was a disaster, they say things happen in 3's and they also say if its gonna happen well then its gonna happen to Susie !!
Yesterday started like any other day in the Sugar house hold but little did I know how much chaos I was to cause in just one day !!!
First off I had a bath and slightly over filled it so once I had got in the water level was teetering at the very brim of the tub, I stayed still until a little had passed the over flow and I though I was safe, but made a fatal error in my judgement .............as my shoulders relaxed into the lovely warm water and I rolled over onto my front (doing what can only be described as my impression of Daryl Hannah's Madison the mermaid character from the movie Splash!!) I slipped and a huge wave of water engulfed my bathroom soaking the carpet and everything in sight, Luckily I wasn't hurt and not a drop of water seeped through the ceiling, double lucky as my craft desk, laptop and stash lives directly below.....phew!! close call , but I tell you that wave that flew from my bath was big I'm sure I even heard Steve McGarrett from Hawaii Five-o shout "book'em Danno" as people rushed for their surf boards !!! lol
After all that drama I played it safe and spent the afternoon entertaining Woody, late afternoon Woody got bored with my company and went off to watch TV so I though yes time on my own "Craft Time !!" so I went over to where I store all my lovely craft goodies dropped a pot of Prima flowers all over the floor I bent over from the waist to pick them all up and suddenly felt dizzy what happened next happened in slow motion (for me anyway) I lost my balance and felt myself falling forward in a bent over position, it was one of those moments like you see in the cartoons and I felt myself screaming "WOOOOOOoooooooo" by the time Garry came running in to see what had happen I was sitting in the middle of piles and piles of stash that I had pulled off the shelves on my way down, luckily again I hadn't hurt myself only my pride !! and a bit of squashed stash !! he he
After the events of the day I decided I would stay at my desk all evening and craft after all not much could happen there now could it .....................or could it !!?
I settled down to make a card for the Any one for Anya Challenge with this weeks sketch over at the Stamp with fun challenge I was almost finished ..... all the colouring was done all the layering, all the stitching finished, everything in place I just needed to add a button brad to the corner to complete the sketch, now the other day I had bought these lovely stitched blossom button brads by imaginisce they are beautiful and you only get 8 in a pack and they are not cheap so when one broke last night I thought I can't waste it I will have to fix it, the button part had only come apart from the metal 2 legged brad part so I though "I know super glue will fix that" .............
................. I found the super glue tube but the screw lid was glued tight and I couldn't open it, so what happened next was my third catastrophe of the day ................you may have all ready guessed what I did next ...or you're probably thinking "No she can't be that stupid" well if your thinking that your wrong coz I am !! yes I snipped the base of the super glue tube with my smallest pair of scissors , and that's when the slow motion scene snuck in again as I recall the super glue spurting out of the small cut in the tube as the little blades of the scissors nipped the metal tube it went all over my almost finished work of art , my scissors my A3 cutting mat not to mention my fleece I was wearing and ME !! I tried not to touch anything, with fear of sticking to it, but today I have no finger prints as the glue still covers my crispy little hands I told myself I was lucky it could have been worse as the glue had missed my eyes and face and my beloved life support machine (AKA my laptop !!).
So after clearing up what I could I decided to call it a night and said goodbye to what had been a disastrous day and when I got up this morning I decided to start this card over again, and although I ruined my A3 cutting mat I live to craft another day !! lol
I hope your still with me and I haven't bored you too much, I better tell you what I used to make this card ;
The image is 2 different sprouts from Greetings Farm coloured with Copic markers
DP is BG Bitter sweet
Flowers ; Prima & MM
Brads; Imaginisce & The Paper Company Studio
Base card and distressed torn textured card ; coor'dinations
Gems ; DoodleBug Designs
I also used my sewing machine, Tim Holtz edge distressing tool, distress inks and distressing tool.....no super glue was used in the making of this card !! lol
I'm also entering this card into these challenges
Corrosive challenge Sew it up
Pile it on challenge/ Flowers
Crafty Angels Challenge Flowers
Lexis Creations Challenge Spots OR stripes
Little paper shop challenge Distressing
Anyone for Anya Challenge Flowers
SophistiCat challenge Stitching
Roses on paper challenge Brown Pink Cream
Hope Stamps Eternal Challenge Strawberry and Chocolate inspiration
Alphabet challenge P- for pink
Paper Cutz Challenge For a Teenager
Allsorts challenge 321; 3papers, 2 gems, 1 image.
Stamp with fun challenge Sketch
Thanks for dropping by and letting me entertain you with my tales of destruction and mad rambling !! lol, have a great evening

73 comments:

Allison said...

I love the soft color palette and the accents you added...this is such a great example of distressing! Thanks for playing!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

OMG what a day,unbelievable! Not bored at all Susie, just happy you're still in one piece; even though you have no fingerprints for a while LOL Lovely card as always ;)
Anne xx

Biscuitlid said...

OMG woman - stay in bed tomorrow and break a match!
|Fab card in the end though, just glad you're still in one piece albeit a little sticky around the finger department!
Hugs
Victoria
x

Jane said...

Oh no! what a horrible day!!
Hope you are having a better one!!
Love the card
jane
:)

Mummylade said...

You had a busy day =)

Flour and water mixed together can be used as glue - very child proof, even eatable - just a suggestion...

scrappyjacky said...

What a day,Susie...at least you managed to acrually survive it....and the cards is lovely.

☼ Cheryl* said...

Oh Susie!! What a day. Thankfully I haven't had one like that for a while but when I do they are terrible!
Your card is beautiful!

Linby said...

well my heart was in my mouth reading that - I thought you were going to end up stuck to the cuttlebug or similar!
Fab card though ;)
Linbyx

Linda said...

Lovely subtlely coloured card Susie. Many thanks for joining in with us over on the Alphabet Challenge this week :)

Audrey said...

Super cute! Your coloring is perfect! I love teh color combo.
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Lori said...

Loved your stories today Susie, Hopefully your day goes better than yesterday, great card too!!!!

Christine said...

Ohh Susie a very memorable day for you as long as your not hurt posessions can be replaced..(thats what I told my daughter when she crashed her a few yrs ago)another story there...LOL we all have em..onto your stunning card gorgeous you got there in the END..

Hugs Christine xx

Crafty Chris said...

Sounds like you had quite a day, love the card especially the distressing, and the cute little image and lovely colours, you can show us your mess tomorrow on WOYWW.
Chris x

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the fab distressed feel! Hugs Juls

Claire x said...

OMG Susie and I think I have bady days! You certainly had a bit of a day! At least the card is finished - its lovely and the mat can always be replaced.
Claire x

SusieLou said...

Gorgeous card - love how you've coloured the image! Susie x

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

Sounds like quite the day! LOL!

Gorgeous card though!

Pinkllilac said...

Wow Susie I glad I do not have days like yours, but what a good read and not bored at all I just had to keep reading, fantastic card you eventually produced
love the design and details, the colours are beautiful.
Hugs Linda

SallyB said...

Oh Susie....What are you like?
It made a good blog post if nothing else....very funny story!
Hope you recover and live to craft another day! I love the comment about flour and water...my childhood scrapbooks were held together with that concoction!

Sarah A said...

Oooh I shouldn't laugh, but... I couldn't help it! Sounds like a typical day for me!!

Hope today was better LOL...

Sarah x

Mandi said...

Welcome to my world LOL

Fabulous card Suze, love it
super colouring xx

Kat said...

Great card Susie after all your disasters. A case of if anything can go wrong it will. Can only get better can't it?

Kat x

Debs said...

Hi Susie
I hope you don't mind but I had a good old chuckle reading your post - hope all's well today?
I bet you ended up as distressed as this gorgeous distressing on this card. I love it! Fab image and your colouring is spuerb. Thanks for taking on my recipe challenge at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Angela said...

Love your card, the colours are so pretty!!
Sounds like quite a day!! Hope things are better today (((o)))
Angela x

craft_princess said...

LMAO! Oh what a day!! Got a good chuckle so thanks for sharing! Glad I'm not the only one with days like this!

Your card is very beautiful too!!
-Stacie

HazelQ said...

Ohh what a terrible day!But I'm glad you didn't get hurt :) I haven't had those days in such a long time and I hope it stays like that lol your story suddenly reminded me of a movie called "Just my luck" I hope this is a better day for you :)
Hugs
Hazel

The Crafty Den said...

Well Susie, the only way is up from that lol! On the bright side you are ok and your card is stunning. Keep safe :) Hugs, Denise x

sammie@paperlily cards said...

OMG Susie u did have a bad day..but on the bright side u didnt hurt yourself...very cute card x x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening Susie, Oh my dear girl, what a day you had!!!!!! i am so glad you didn't hurt yourself, you certainly had a day of it. I have to say im always over filling the bath, i so often forget i've left it running!!! and im embarrassed to say too, i often fall over things ive left on the floor!!!! you lived to tell the tail, and you made me smile, so thank you! love your card by the way its totally stunning. Thank you for sharing, hugs Linda x

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Susie, love the stitching & tearing. Glad to hear you didn't hurt yourself when you had your tumble (or your stash lol).

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Loz (Aus) said...

Love your disaster day Susie... I'm sure you didn't at the time, but it really made me smile!! Gorgeous card, love the papers. Hope your next day is better x

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm so sorry, but LAUGH!! OMG you couldn't make it up! Think of all the bad stuff you could do without fingerprints to leave a trail...!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Susie,

Thanks for the laugh, glad to hear you are OK as well though.
Fab card in the end hun.

Hugs Ali x

cgl1539 said...

Gorgeous card, and its even better because it was the result of a tragedy, namely your day yesterday, lol. SO glad today was better.

Lisa G. said...

Well it sounds like all your drama is over...for that day anyways ;) Great card!

Tasha said...

He he, I think you should lock yourself in a room, encased in cotton wool until this clumsy spell subsides ! At least you are ok :)
Lovely card and I just love that image
Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-cats :-)
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxxx

jackiescrafts said...

I love your card and am glad you got it made after the disasters of yesterday. I hope tday has been much better for you
My lovely parcel arrived today thank you and I have made my first make using one of the die cuts, it's on my blog if you want a look
Hugs Jackie x

Wilfreda said...

Is it wrong to laugh at your bad day? OK, I apologize :) Really cute card.

Rachel Hope said...

WOW, sounds like quite a day!!! Glad you survived and your card is Lovely!!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Mandy said...

OMG you did make me laugh Susie, obviously not at all your dramas but the way you describe them lol.
Your card is gorgeous as always hunny, so sweet and fab stitching and distressing.
Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats
hugs Mandy DT xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Susie as always,even if its not the original lol, i didn't laugh, well maybe a bit regarding you having no fingerprints.
Thanks for joining the Sophisti-cats Challenge this week. luv gina xx

Nilla said...

Well if you can make such a gorgeous card after all that, you're GOOD! Love the card and take it easy! Thanks for joining us at SWF this week! Hugs Nilla

Rufus said...

OMG you don't believe in doing things by 1/2 do you?? What a day! I suppose that you could take up a life of crime, since you no longer have any finger prints. Nah, don't think that's gonna work. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but it sure made for a great blog story. LOL! Oh yes, the card is very pretty as well.
R/

Eleftheria said...

OMG!!! what a day!!
lucky you were not hurt and still in one piece!!!
well you know... bad things come together!!!
hope you have a lot more time to create!!!!

Avril Ann said...

OMG Susie, you live to Craft another day....thankfully....this is just such a fab card, love the vintage feel to it....many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

sandra said...

You poor thing!
Thank God you survived that day!
You made me laugh,but I'm shore it was not funny to you.
(I know,I had one day like that)

In spite of all your problems you made amazing card!

Take care!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Lisa said...

Hi Susie, Sounds like you had an eventful day!

Gorgeous card! Love the distressed edges and cute image.

Lisa x

Rainmac said...

What a day you had, I have days like that too!!! Love your card and I hope today is peaceful and less eventful for you ;-)

Doodles said...

Goodness so glad your alright what a day you had , The card is beautiful as always Susie.
Your talent shines from your work thank you for the inspiration
hugs Sharon x

Lori said...

Amazing that you are here to tell the story - lol!!! So glad you are OK :D Thanks for sharing cuz we all go through 'stuff!' It's nice to know that I'm not the only one!!!
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Annie said...

poor Susie, I read and didn't know whether to laugh or cry! glad you are ok and fingerprints grow back, don't they?! love the card you managed to put together today.
hugs, annie x

Peggy said...

LOL !!!! Susie , What a day !!!
But is was very funny to read ...and your card is fab !!!

Have a great day ....without disasters !!!!

Peggy xx

tracy said...

lol suzie certainly an eventfull day for all the wrong reasons. but you made me giggle.
lovely card you made despite the events though. so glad i dont use superglue for anything in this house as cutting the end of would be something i would do lol.
hope today is more relaxing for you
tracy x

Stacey said...

I really shouldn't laugh at your awful day.... but it was all just a little bit funny! ;o)

Gorgeous card, one of my fave TGF images.

Thanks so much for joining us at Anyone for Anya? this week ~♥~

KymKreates said...

Oh my gosh and I though my life was tough. All and all I think your card is masterful. A work of art!!!! I think today you need to sit on the couch with a blanket and pillow - wait take that back those could be dangerous. Just sit with nothing and not move.

Have a fantastic day!!!

Lexi said...

What a gorgeoussss card :D its so pretty i love everything about it!

Rofl thats sooo funny what a day you had glad you came out the other side safe n sound..i have glued my teeth before now trying to open superglue rofl so you are not alone :D not something i admit to often though lol

Hugs Lexi xxx

Jo said...

Oh Susie!

What day - still, as the other ladies have said, the only way really IS up!

I'm so glad you weren't badly hurt and that you had the presence of mind not to touch anything with your superglued fingers!

But look at what you created, disasters notwithstanding - such a lovely card.

Love and hugs.

Jo x

Christina said...

OMG, what a day! I am sure you were happy to see that day end and a new one begin.. Your creations are beautiful as always! I am so happy you survived your day to have a better one...

Moshie said...

Don't mean to laugh at your tragedies but the read is hilarious! Your card is worth the double make. It is so cute!!! I sure hope your days are much better for you! Thank you for joining the Sophisti-cats Challenge this week.
hugs,
Diana

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

This cards is so sweet and lovely! Wonderful image and papers.
Hugs Jacqueline

Piali said...

What a eventful day!! Glad you survived and made such an awesome card.. Love your coloring!!Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!
Hugs,
Piali

Jennifer said...

What an adorable card! Thanks for joining us at PIO. Hugs!

KarenB said...

Oh what a day!! I had to laugh at your bathtub incident... hehe... hope you still enjoyed the soak though. I don't have a solution for super-glue - have you tried eucalyptus oil??

And I love your card :)

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card, I love all the distressing and stitching! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

itsabrt said...

Ok I had to chuckle talk about all in a dazed work! You card is fantastic non the less. Thanks for playing along with Paper Cutz this week I enjoyed your blog! Beth

Kelli said...

love this card, the stitchery is fantastic!

Kirsten said...

Hi Susie

Fabulous card love the image and your coloring is super...x


Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Gail said...

You sure put a smile on my face.It's reassuring to know crap happens to other people and not just me.Your card is very pretty and the colours are lovely.Have a safe and happy weekend.

Hugs Gail

Louise said...

oh my goodness, definetly a day where you should have not got out of bed. Glad the disasters were limited to minimal damage and you're not hurt though. love the card! xx

MicheyMoo said...

I promise I'm not laughing at your horrible, horrible day....but you write and describe it so well - I'm imagining it as it happens and am glad I'm not the only person on the planet who has moments where it all goes wrong.

Beautiful creation.....so glad you came back and did it all over again. xxx

Rosanne said...

Cute card! Thanks for Piling It On!

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

PMSL oh dear Susie what are you like lol. I have visions of the bath incident in my head and my god are we having a chuckle here... yes dave has just read the whole thing too and giggled. Im glad you are ok and didnt get hurt darling but it is funny. So you are fingerprintless now too, be naughty while you can, they will never have proof you did it with no prints lmao. I would just buy another mat if that was me darling or if Garry has any solvent stuff in the shed that might get it off, i dont know the name but dave uses it at work. xxxx

Nicola said...

OMG I thought you were aware of the dangers of bending over ROFL!
Gorgeous card darling albeit it made minus finger prints, overflowing bath .... ooh such luxury, squashed stash etc etc - you sure pulled off a beauty.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-