26 Apr 2010

A Flower for Tilda

Morning ladies sorry for my lack of blogging over the weekend Blogger has been a real pain and I have hardly been able to get on here , still I'm on here now so let me tell you about this weeks challenge over at Die cut Dreams challenge blog the theme this week is make your own flowers on your creation.
Here's my DT creation for this weeks , I used 2 of my new Tilda stamps
But I didn't colour Tilda as I wanted the flower to be the star of the show and didn't want Tilda to steal the limelight coz she's so pretty and even without colour.
This flower I cut twice with my Tim Holtz die then I ran it through the paper cripper back and forth a few times to soften the card then I screwed them up and flatted them out and inked the edges with Tim Holtz inks in (colours; Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet)
Then I soaked them in Cherry Blossom coloured Tattered Angels Glimmer mist and dried them with my heat gun.
next I stamped the petals with the Victorian Velvet TH distress ink and a WoJ flourish stamp.
Once they were completely dry I turned them over and on the back using a large embossing tool I made them curl back by making circular motions on each petal while pressing down onto an embossing mat when all the petals were curled in I turned them the right way up and made circular motions with the tool in the middle of both flowers so they were really nicely shaped I then glued them together.
I added some chunky glitter and the giant pearl button and there you have it ........
Other things I used ;
New Magnolia Flying Tilda & Background sparkle stamps
Sentiment stamp from Stamping all day
Tim Holts Distress inks
Die cuts from my shop Die cut Dreams
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Ribbons from MayArts
Swirl clip from Hot off the press
Pink clip from Rob & Bob
Glitter on wings is ultra fine transparent colour Art Glitter
Chunky glitter on flowers was a gift from my friend Lori in Canada (Thank you sweetie xx)
I have entered this card into the following challenges
Cupcake craft challenge Don't be Square
Polly Crafts make your own flowers
Hope Stamps Eternal Challenge colour inspiration
Just Magnolia challenge Anything goes
Magical crafts Challenge Something for girls
One stitch at a time Challenge flowers
Creative card crew challenge Happy Birthday
Our creative corner challenge Blooms
Simon says challenge Things with wings
The Secrete Crafter challenge Distressing
Craft challenge Pink & Brown
Paper play challenge No Patterned paper
Crafty creations challenge Distressing
Bizzy Becs Challenge Flowers & Wings
Spoonful of Sugar challenge Happy Birthday
I hope you have a great day, Back later to announce my first candy girl , the second one I will announce tomorrow

54 comments:

kimmie_35 said...

Lovely card... the flower really is gorgeous!
Hugs
Kim
x

Lorraine said...

i love the flower you have made susie its really pretty and the style is great too i like it cos it is very different from the cards we usually see that people make xx

Rach said...

your flower is gorgeous Susi, and certainly takes centre stage.. gorgeous.xx

Esme said...

Gorgeous!! I love the flower (had seen it on the DCD blog) - I love Tilda's glittery-ness!

Esme xx

craft_princess said...

WHOA!! What a fab flower!! So big and pretty!!!

Margreet said...

great card Suzie..and you are right that your flower has to be the star of yoyr card......it is FAB!!!!
xxx Margreet

craftykitten said...

Hi Susie,
OMG girl that flower is awesome - I'm not sure I would have the patience to do all that but this is fabulous. I love the way you have done Tilda too, those sparkly wings are gorgeous.
Hugs
Dawn xx

kim said...

The flower is simply stunning and I love the Tilda image stamped with glittery wings.

Julye said...

Fab flower and mini tutorial too, you certainly achieve the flower being centre stage too. Thanks for sharing Julye

☼ Cheryl* said...

The flower is gorgeous!!! So pretty :)

Evgenia said...

The flower is breathtaking!

scrappyjacky said...

The flower is gorgeous,Susie.

Doreen said...

This is stunning, the flower is great. Thank you so much for joining us at magical Crafts.xxx

Tracy said...

Fabulous flower Susie, I love making handmade flowers, so a great challenge!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Deirdre said...

Gorgeous flower, great card.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay again this week. ♥

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous Susie,
hugs Dianne xx

Rachel Hope said...

Awwww, so sweet!!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!!

Beth said...

This is fab! I love that you haven't coloured the image - so unusual and the distressed look is gorgeous!

Love Beth xx

scrapcat 1 said...

Lovely card Susie, a really pretty flower, I hope I have time to play this week.

Tracy

Anne said...

A very pretty card Susie. You've been busy as usual with lots of fantastic designs since I last managed to blog hop. Hugs x

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a lovely card. Your flower is gorgeous ! Smiles from Catherine

Tammy said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

sammie@paperlily cards said...

i love the flower its gorgeous you are so clever and how you havedone tilda is really effective too...love it all x x

Gosia said...

Fantastic flower!!

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

hi Susie
you aint half put that flower threw the mill... lol.. but it looks brill for it...!!! i think mine would have dropped to bits if i tried that lot... lol... and brill tilda image... i so love tilda stamps...!!!! and good luck with your challenge... now that was some amount of challenge you hit with this creation...
kaz_za

Lisa and Eddy said...

LOVE IT! Great center on the flower too! You rocked it girl! xo Lisa

Rainmac said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous xxx

Julie M said...

Susie - that is gorgeous - love that soft pink, the stunner of a flower - and the Tilda is fab uncoloured on the kraft with just her sparkly wings - perfect.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

Julie :o)

Sarah said...

Beautiful card lovely detail, and your flower is amazing, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
Sarah xx

Cheryl said...

oh this is such a gorjus card,love the colurs
and layout,thanks for joining us at OSAAT
Love hugs cheryl x

Kat said...

Beautiful card with a sweet image. But that flower is just stunning.

Kat x

Sandra said...

great flower - love the wings!
Sandra

Tammy said...

I love your flower...beautiful button. Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT this week.
smiles...Tammy

Judy said...

Beautiful card. I love the flower you added.

Aussie Loz said...

Gorgeous flower Susie xx

sam said...

This is just adorable Susie. The flowers is the star of the show but you still see the lovely Tilda. Great card hun. Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT.
Sam x

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,love your gorgeous flower and Tilda's sparkly wings!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Susie.
luv
Debby

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Beautiful card Susie, fab flower too :) Love the Tilda image with the wings and the little greeting :)
Anne xx

Melissa S said...

Fabulous!!

GlitterEmm said...

Really great flower Susie! I put a link up on our Facebook wall. Thank you for the mention, sparkle on!

info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104

Erin- said...

I haven't seen this Tilda before. LOVE HER! Also, that glitter is so fabulous. Just what I imagine fairy wings look like. :)

Craftyrose said...

Gorgeous flower Susie and very clever! xx

stitchy said...

Susie, that flower is gorgeous, love your card too but that flower just brings it to life..thank you for joining us at OSAAT - hope to see you next week - good luck

stitchy xoxox

Jeanet said...

Wow, I love this tilda with that sparkles! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week!

Trimgym said...

Lovely pink and brown card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning Susie! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Cupcake :) Donna x

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along in our Pink and Brown challenge at C.R.A.F.T. What a beautiful tag - great mix of texture! Cheers Claire x

Liz said...

Beautiful project and well made with great handmade flower too thanks for entering OSAAT challenges this week

Liz x

andrea said...

beautiful card and wow that flower is gorgeous thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t. this week
andrea

bernietom47 said...

Susie the flower really is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing how you made it, I'm going to see if I can make one like it.
Hugs
Bernie

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is fab Susie. Love it.
Cathy xxx

Nicola said...

Wow your flower is awesome Susie and sure takes centre stage as planned but wee Miss Tilda still shines through - one can never keep far from the forefront!
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

thread-bare said...

Aww this card is gorgeous. The flower is fab. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT xx Clare (DT) x