4 Apr 2010

You've all gone potty !!!.......

............About my giant "where can I get them ?", "what size are they ?", "when will they be in your shop ?" and "can you show us what you do with them ?"
So here they are again, with a quick little demo
They come in 2 parts but before you join them together, you can shade them with chalk or ink to give them a little dimension , I prefer Tim Holtz distress inks.
I'm selling the cuts in Terracotta and stone colour card in my shop Die cut Dreams (in the home & garden section) and the best colour ink I have found to use on these 2 shades of card is rusty hinge and frayed burlap applied in a circular motion to the edges starting off on your craft sheet, with either the blending tool shown in the photo or a piece of Cut & Dry foam, then I added a little white highlight with my Signo white pen, then I used foam squares to join the collar to the pot to make it look 3D (you could use silicon glue if you wanted but I'm too impatient to wait for it to dry !! he he ).
Then just add flowers of your choice and there you have it the 2 in the photo took me about 3 minutes flat.
I designed the pot die over a year ago and only had 10 dies made, one for me and I sold the other 9 dies so you might find someone else selling the die cuts but they are pretty exclusive and as I said my own copyright design.
The pots measure 9cm x 7.5cm and come in packs of 20 pieces to make 10 pots and come in mixed packs of terracotta and stone colours but if you wanted more jazzy colours to stamp on etc then just email me and I will always help you if I can.
So there you have it , Happy Easter & pots of love !! xx

40 comments:

Mandi said...

They look brill hun
Clever girlie!


Have good weekend
xx

Kylie said...

Oh wow - these are awesome! I love them.
Kylie

Tracy said...

Hi Susie,
Sorry I haven't stopped by for a few days, had some problems at home,Bobby had croup again and John's had an Operation. But glad I popped by today, love these pots and would be great for all kinds of occassions, especially new homes instead of taking a pot plant theses will last forever.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Margreet said...

wow that's gorgeous!!!!
xxx Margreet

jayne said...

nice pots ... they look so real.. they are realy nice..

have a nice sunday

Claude said...

They are really great!
Happy Easter Susie!

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Susie
They are gorgeous
Brill idea
Christine x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Susie
These look fabulous,
hugs Dianne xx

sammie@paperlily cards said...

These are great and thanks for the tips ive just got some tim holtz inks and wondering how best to use them..thanks susie x x

☼ Cheryl* said...

They look fab, Susie :)

Francesca said...

Fab die cuts thanks for showing us how to use them
hugs
Francesca

mae said...

Gran trabajo!!!!felices pascuas!!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Susie

Thanks for showing us how it's done. It is such an effective idea.

Hugs Ali x

Edys Gonçalves said...

Oh my...... So wooooooonderful!!!!!!
Hugs

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing how you do these die cut pots. A neat idea. Happy Easter and a great weekend!

Liz said...

They look the bees knees Susie Just got back had weekend off great time

Liz xx

Penni said...

Fabulous - thanks.

Hugs
Penni
X

marialex said...

hi these pots will have been fine, I have come to give it back to your blog since I started the year had not been able to give me tour of all the sites because I'm devoted to my proposed new scrapero my forum, and Truthman I have been thrilled with everything done as a greeting from Venezuela

Gosia said...

fantastic idea, thanks ;)
Happy Easter!

lindyloo said...

Happy Easter susie oh what a great idea just love them huggies lindyloo x

Stressed Stamper said...

Clever thing - great idea - Happy Easter

La Vikinga said...

GOOD ideas!!

I even already bought a paper looking corrugated from PRIMA and I was thinking using them like pots but I was sondering about how to cut it and how to do the flowers.
Now I know!

La Vikinga

Anne said...

Wow Susie, they're fabby. Hugs x

craftykitten said...

You are such a clever girl Susie, I just love these pots, they look so real.
I may have to have me a serious mooch around your little shop!!
Hugs
Dawn xx

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

brill post.. what a difference it makes adding a little bit of ink...!!!! Happy Easter Susie...
kaz_za

Jessie said...

Love them Susie!

Lisa and Eddy said...

So awesome! xo Lisa

Mandy said...

These are fab Susie
hugs Mandy xx

Aussie Loz said...

These are really cute Susie. xx

Rhonda P said...

Wow these look great

Marisa said...

Gorgeous pots, thanks for the inspirations and tips!
Hugs
Marisa

Sandra said...

Love them!
Sandra

kimmie_35 said...

I love these plant pots... gorgeous! I love that you encourage me to play!!!!!
Hugs
Kim
x

kim said...

These are really lovely and your instructons are great.

Hoping you and your family are having a great Easter.

Pattie G said...

Oh Susie,
I just love these cute flower pots!!! I made something similar too.

hugs
Pattie

craft_princess said...

They sure look fantastic!!!

Linda said...

Very beautiful little pots of flowers!!!

Diamond Doll said...

These are just fab Susie, thanx for letting us know how to put them together.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Natalie Z. said...

That's gorgeous mini pots!!!!
Hugs Natalie.

Mary said...

These are great! Thanks for sharing!