20 May 2010

Don't get mad get even !!

Hi girls no crafting for me today although I will be back later with this weeks DCD DT card which I haven't posted yet coz I've been poorly ....all say Awwwww !! lol
I still feel a bit unwell today which hasn't been helped by the stress of a nasty experience on eBay .......it starts back in November last year when a customer bought 3 of my designer cutting dies from my eBay shop first she complained about the cost of the postage so I refunded her some of the postage she had paid and because all the dies were around £39 each I sent them all individually each one 1st class recorded delivery (in hindsight now I would have been better off sending them all special delivery but I didn't think at the time) a few days later she contacted me to say only one had turned up even though all 3 parcels were posted at the same time from the same post office, well I kept trying to track them online with the royal mail but they never showed up as signed for, in the end I tried to claim with the post office but had no luck with them as they wanted my proof of purchase and I had the dies made in Hong Kong by Cross cuts and they don't give you a receipt and it was before I was a registered business that I had them made so I had no need to have kept the receipt at the time I had purchased them.
Anyway this woman kept telling me she hadn't received the dies and me being the kind woman I am and at that time I thought I would be reimbursed eventually by the royal mail and so on 2nd of Jan I decided to refund her the £80 for the 2 dies and the die cuts she claimed were lost in the post , don't laugh I even sent her some more die cuts free as a good will gesture, Well from the moment the refunded money left my PayPal account I never heard a word from her not even a thank you for the die cuts I sent her, in my mind I wrote the £80 off but in my heart I had my suspicions that she might have been lying and that she may have received the dies as the royal mail sorting office for her area told me they were sure the packages were delivered and had been bundled together with elastic bands and she had only signed for the top one.
Anyway that was that until yesterday when I had a lot of used dies on eBay for sale but not in my shop they were in my personal account as these were dies I had bought long before I had become a business , so unless you know me there was no connection between that account and my eBay shop account , well I saw someone was bidding on a die who had the same name as this woman but it wasn't the same eBay ID as she had bought the dies through before, so off I went to check out her shop and low & behold she sells die cuts and you guessed it she is selling the die cuts from the 2 LTD Edition dies she bought from me that she claimed were lost in the post well you can imagine how cheated I felt after refunding her £80, when I first contacted her yesterday she said she didn't know me and tried to give me a false name but then after looking at her feedback and seeing she had bought things from a friend of mine I rang my friend and checked out the address on the account and and yes you guessed it again!!!...... it was the same woman so that was a bare face lie, now she couldn't have bought these dies from anywhere else as one was designed by me as a LTD Edition and there was only 4 made I have one and 2 of my friends have the other two.
The other die was designed by a very close friend and only a few were made and again we have one each and we know who has the others that one is a bear holding a heart design but this woman claims to have bought one of them at a craft fair which is impossible as I have the copyright on these dies, I think you all know how generous I am and I'm a fair and honest person so I don't feel I should sit quietly and let her get away with this do you? especially after the lies and abuse she has thrown at me, we have taken advice from the police who told us to get in touch with C.A.B which I did and they put us onto consumer direct (www.consumerdirect.gov.uk) who were really very helpful and have taken up the task of helping us sort it out so if this happens to any of you girls here's what you have to do , photo copy everything all the emails between you and the offending party, all eBay messages, all eBay sales and listing , all PayPal invoices showing the payments and refunds every scrap of evidence you can lay your hands . Before you send these away to county court when you file your case you must first contact the offending person asking them to pay within a fair amount of time this can be done via PayPal sending them an invoice giving them a chance to pay before you take any further action or via post if they don't respond or pay you the money owed then you can file your claim at http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/ and at court services by phoning 0845 4568770 and if you win the offending party pay the cost as well as paying you back the money owed and they can also be fined and prosecuted, they have all our info and copyright details and tell us we have a good case so watch this space for an update.
I ask you how can someone be so mean and lie like this , the police say its theft and fraud and will help in anyway they can, we gave all the detail name and address of this woman to the police to they too have it on file I cant name this woman due to the fact that I'm filing a case against her but once I'm free to tell you who she is and warn my fellow crafters I will name and shame her as I don't think people like this should be able to get away with it to do the same to other honest eBayer's.
Well that's what I have spent the day doing , a real waste of a day but it will be worth it to see justice done, and I thought as I have worked so hard sorting it out all day I would share what I found out in case its any help to anyone else who might have had the same problem.
Have a great evening girls thanks for dropping by to listen to me rambling !! lol

53 comments:

Lorraine said...

OMG the cheek of her she is taking the p**s sorry for my language hope i haven't offended anyone but this is so wrong in all aspects of the word can't wait till you let us know you have won the case cos you sooooo will the cheeky woman in fact a real woman or lady wouldn't have done this in the first place Aaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh she has made me angry for you hope this doesn't ruin the rest of your day you wait and see justice will be done plus I think you should get compensation too for the inconvienience the cheeky cow xxxxxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Susie
Well she as some cheek well i hope it all goes well for you and she gets what she deserves,you take care and hope you feel better soon,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Lisa said...

Hi Susie, So sorry to hear this. I have always found crafters to be so kind and honest but you always get the small minority who are out for what they can get. I hope you get this sorted out in your favour and she gets what she deserves.

Lisa x

Faye said...

Good for you. Hugs. x

sammie@paperlily cards said...

OMG i cant believe the check of the woman!!! as a fellow ebay shop owner and purchaser of many of your gorgeous dies myself its made me made just reading your account so i can imagine how your feeling.
Hope you get justice for this she really gets what she deserves.
ps just paid for my lovely glass die i won last night :)
x x x

kaos said...

Everytime I hear something like that I wonder what is going on in those people... no respect for the property of others...
However it is good to hear that at least you seem to have a solid case and will get your right - even though it is annoying to waste so much time on this...

Hope it will be done soon and you are back to have time for the sensible things in life - such as crafting ;-)

cgl1539 said...

This is what makes me so leery of using ebay, I never have. I know its a wonderful venue for some but just scares the bejeebers outta me when I know there are so many scam artists. And what kills me is not only did she steal from you, now she is using your items to make money for herself, thats deplorable. I truly hope justice is served!! I hope this doesnt continue to ruin your day and you feel better really soon.

Angela said...

Oh susie, this is awful, the cheek of some people!!! I do hope you win your claim well done for protecting your rights, sending you a big hug,
Angela x

Katie-Louise Oakley said...

Oh no Susie, thats such a mean thing to do, and I always use the saying 'waht comes around goes around' so hopefully will be back to bite her HARD! I had a situation similar, sold a huge box of craft items to someone on a craft forum, gave the option of sending recorded, but she opted for the cheapest way. The said items have apparently never turned up, and since then I have been in contact with a few members on the said forum, and they have warned me about this lady - She also bought a Robo, and that supposedly didnt turn up either...! Not good. I hope you get it sorted soon anyway xxx

Tracy said...

Oh Susie, I really feel for you. I really hope you can get your money back from this crook. Have you reported her to eBay?

I sell on eBay too, in fact I sell a lot on eBay. 99% of customers are completely trustworthy and nice people, but you do get the occasional person who is obviously trying to rip you off - and some really awful rude customers too! Unfortunately the whole eBay systen is weighted heavily in the buyer's favour and there are some buyers that take advantage of this, and the genuinely honest sellers like you and I!!!

Good luck with getting your money back Susie and I hope you feel better soon!

Tracy :)x
www.blueberrybarn-ashbourne.blogspot.com

Kat said...

What a horrible experience Susie. I hope you get it all sorted out and get justice. I think if you're totally honest yourself you don't think someone will do something like this to you.

I work in a small sub-postoffice and I regularly hear people saying that people claim to have never got items and want a refund. Believe me Royal Mail is nowhere near as inefficient as some people make out. Most mail does get to where it's sent pretty quickly!

Kat x

La Vikinga said...

What a bad day you must have had - good luck you knew what you had to do and say to the woman (it would have been lees easy in a bigger country like the USA) and I hope she never cheats on you (or anyone else) again and that you will be refunded the 80 punds you refunder HER!!!

Charlotta wishes a better next dag...

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How awful. Hope you get your money back and she gets what she deserves. I feel really bad for you especially as you are poorly. Hop you feel better now you have got that off your chest too and had good rant in blogland. Take care. Marianne x

Liz said...

Do u know this same thing happened yrs ago to a friend of mine who used to sell dies and I am sure the persons name was Sandra Hope its not the same person rearing her ugly head again??? She was a right rouge I am sure she stayed in Sommerset somewhere

Ive been meaning to get in touch re my fluttterbys and I will soon Susie just having so many probs here too! So sorry this has happened name and shame when u can!
Hugs Liz xx

Christine said...

Ohhh Susie so sorry your going thro this..hate it when peeps are down right THEIVES I wont give her the title Lady..cos she anit one..this type of dishonesty gives ebay a bad name..sounds like you have a water tight case & cant wait for you to NAME & SHAME.. take care sending you Big Hugs ...

Christine xx

Lilacanglia said...

Oh My, Susie,
Thats horrible, I really do not know how people can be so flipping ignorant and rude, (can't print what I really want to say lol) I really hope you get to the bottom of this and they get their come uppance,
Hope you feel better real soon,
Hugs
Angie

Pam S. said...

lovely! (that was said sarcastically) I hope they get her and get your $$ back w/interest!
Pam Going Postal

craftingmanda said...

people like that make me so mad it is untrue. My husband builds computers and had one for sale on ebay someone bought it and then closed their account. As it had been bought karl had to wait ages before he could re list it and then the cheeky person bought it again under a new account so frustrating

scrappyjacky said...

So sorry to hear this,Susie....and it's such a shame as most ebayers are honest...and then a few have to spoil it for everyone.Hope she gets her just desserts!!

Aussie Loz said...

What a B@#@H!! Good luck sorting it all out ♥

HazelQ said...

Ohh Susie, I'm sorry to hear you had to go through all this really, I can't believe someone will do that!! I hope everything will work on your favor.
Best wishes
Hazel

Mandy said...

OMG Susie, the flaming nerve of the woman, I hope she gets what she deserves and I am so looking forward to you naming and shaming her. Some people are plain vile and this is obviously one of them, try not to let it get you down and you rant away as I'm having a day off lol.

Hope you feel better soon hunny
love n hugs Mandy xx

Fran said...

OMG, how could someone do that to another person, I hope you get all your money back and screw that bitch over. I am so glad you are taking asction and not just rolling over and letting her get away with it!!

Rufus said...

That's a horrible experience for you. I hope that you crush her like a bug! The nerve of some people. It's people like that that ruin things for the rest of us honest, hardworking folks! I can't abide a cheat and a liar. Good for you for catching her and following up on it!
R/

Paula Gale said...

God - this has made me so angry that someone could treat ANYONE like that - but especially you Susie. You are such a generous and honest person who has been taken for a ride by a complete and utter thief - her type obviously have no morals, scruples or conscience - I hope that you are successful in your claim against her and that she gets what is coming to her... she ought to be named and shamed by everyone who accesses other craft forums etc so that they can all avoid her like the plague = lets hope that a positive comes from this negative in that she can never do it again to anyone else and that people will not sell (or buy) from this lying woman who has given both e-bay and crafters a bad name - my faith is intact because I have met so many lovely people through blogging - but it only takes one to make you wary. that is truely sad.

You really didn't need this on top of being poorly :o( - really hope you feel better soon - if not sooner!!!

big hugs to you.

Paula x x x

Sandra said...

Good luck Susie - a shame that there are people like that.
Hope all goes your way.
Sandra

Stressed Stamper said...

How can she sleep at night - I think it is disgusting, I am soooo careful selling/buying on ebay as you never know - you have proved the point, that is why blogging is good, as hopefully bloggers would not do that to you...sorry you are feeling so bad - hugs sent to you - chin up - its Friday...have a drink or two...three...four

Julye said...

Hope it all gets sorted and doesn't drag on for ever,I believe what goes around comes around so I'm sure the offending party will get her just desserts, keep smiling Susie and know you have right on your side.

kimmie_35 said...

Shocking story, Susie... some people are just horrible, aren't they? Good for you filing your claim, people like this need to be pay the consequences for what they have done.
Hugs
Kim
x

Marisa said...

Sorry this has happened to you, Susie. Roll on, Karma! Hope everything goes well for you.
Hugs
Marisa

Lisa and Eddy said...

You go girl!! People doing wrong should be put in their place!!! Good for you!

Gail's Card Cafe' said...

That's just crap! I can't believe how awful people are. this is the second thing I read today about ebayers and selling stolen craft! aughh! I'm so sorry you have to go through this :( I hope she goes down!
Have a great week end! ;) xox

craftykitten said...

Hi Susie,
Sadly this seems to be the way of the world these days. There will always be people like this out there and we just have to hope we are lucky enough to avoid them. Sadly for you, you were not this fortunate. I feel angry and sad for you all at the same time. You have a heart of gold (and I speak from personal experience of that) you are genuine and honest and trying to make a living out of something you so obviously enjoy. I hope you are successful Susie in your quest for Justice and I hope that you will be able to name and shame this dishonest, nasty, sly, devious, mean, deceitful, lying, unscrupulous, fraudulent b***h (sorry but that's what I think she is!). I hope you start to feel better very soon my friend. Be thankful that these people are (hopefully) in a minority and that what goes around comes around and that she will get her come uppance sooner rather than later!! (Gosh, now who's rambling! LOL)
Huge hugs
Dawn xxx

Jo said...

Oh Susie, that's awful. I'm so sorry for all the trouble you're having - it seems so unfair that someone else should rip you off, but it's you who has to go through all the grief and hassle of sorting everything out.

I'm glad the police are sympathetic, as it really is theft. I hope eBay will be helpful, too. I'm sure it's the last thing they want any of their regular customers to go through.

Anyway, I can't add anything to what the other girls have already said, except that I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the very best. I know you won't let one horrible, deceitful person spoil your faith in crafting!

Look after yourself - thinking of you and hoping that you're feeling a bit better today.

Love and hugs.

Jo xx

Lora said...

What a blooming cheek!!!
I have unfortunately been "done" on ebay too by someone saying they didn't get the items I posted, but it was only about £20 worth of goods. It has still put me off selling anything on Ebay though and I haven't sold anything since.
I hope you get it sorted out and she has to pay back the money you refunded her. I think you should also get compensation on top of the £80 you refunded because she has been selling diecuts from a die she didn't pay for!!
Hope you have a better day today hun :)
Hugs Lora xxx

Jessie said...

Good for you Susie, I can't believe what some people will do, it's unbelievable! Hope yopu feel better soon, hugs, Jessie

Pam said...

Hi Susie this is awful, I'm so pleased that you have taken the steps needed to show this person that she can't get away with this and that there are people out there willing to stand up for themselves and against people like her. Hope you are feeling better soon hugs Pam x

KarenB said...

O-M-G... the cheek of that woman, and the stress that her actions have put you through :( I sincerely hope that justice will be done. Take care and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Heather said...

Oh my, as I read your post I could feel myself getting crosser and crosser. I can't believe there are people out there that would do such a thing (maybe I'm too naive), how awful. Please feel free to ramble/share, you need to vent when someone does something that mean. Hope you get it all sorted. I presume you have notified ebay so they can ban her! Thinking of you. Hev:)

Tried to leave this comment last night but blogger wasn't playing! Typical! I think blogger was too distraught about your post and was playing up in sympathy to your news.

Rainmac said...

Oh no, what a cow of a woman!!! So sorry this has happened. Hope you feel better today xxx

Regina said...

I hope justice prevails for you! I can't believe the nerve of some people! Good luck!

BaNessa said...

I'm so sorry you had such a horrible experience. I'm glad the police are going to assist you in getting justice. Hope the rest of your week is full of joy :)

Linby said...

oh Susie so sorry to hear about all of this, my disbelief just grew and grew as I read it. As they say "what goes around comes around" she can't have any good karma behaving like that. I know how generous you are and can see you would have treated her as telling the truth - how awful to realise you've been had.
Linby x

Claude said...

It's hard to believe how people can be so dishonest, isn't it? This makes me mad! You are such a sweet and generous person, it should not have happened to you! I hope everything gets settled.

Debz said...

I'm really sorry to read about this theft from you and wish you all the best when it goes to court. I hope she gets what is coming to her! I love your die designs and think you are very talented.

Debz

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

hi susie
i hope you are feelin better now... and i hope everything works out for you... i just dont know how some people can be like this... i wouldnt have the front to even try it never mind carry the whole thing out...!!! i just dont know what else to say hun... i dont... its left me gobsmaked.. and hubby is on night shift so he can not even see it...!!!!
sending you a hug
kaz_za

Judy said...

This is awful that this has happened to you and I hope that you get your money back. And this person doesn't get to do this again to another person. I hope the best for you.

Sarpreet said...

thats out of order - then selling them on ebay!

sucor said...

So sorry to hear this. I hope you get this sorted out in your favor and she gets what she deserves.

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

So true Susie, dont get mad get even, good luck with the case darling, I hope you win, maybe you should name and shame this woman so that others dont get stung by this thieving dishonest person xx

Julie said...

This is absolutely outrageous!! Keeping everything crossed for you to get justice!! Juliexx

Nikki said...

Holy CRAP WHAT A B*TCH May you get back all the lost money plus any money she tried to make off of them. As they say there is always one bad apple in the bunch ebay should help you out perhaps they will put a hold on her account to stop her from selling
hugs Nikki

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Some people have brass necks!!! Hope you manage to get it sorted Susie. Thanks for all the helpful info.
Anne xx