20 Jun 2010

Its all White now !!

This week over at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club Challenge we want you to make a card that is mainly white you can use a dash of colour but that's it just a dash, we want to see a creation with lots of white space.
I have used lovely Tilda as Lucia , what an angel she is...... I coloured her with Copic Markers. The Lovely beaded pin is made by my friend Vikki from Posh Pins & Charms it adds a touch of elegance to this card.
I have also used a Cuttlebug folder to add texture to the layers and break up the white space.
The sentiment stamp & punch is from SU and the lace/ribbon I found on eBay.
Lastly the lovely sparkly gems are from MAMBI, if you could see the sparkle you would agree its worth paying the extra for the great quality they are so lovely.
I made this card with my new plate card & stand kit that I designed , you will soon be able to buy the kit in my shop Die cut Dreams the kit will consist of 15 pieces to make 5 plate cards all you need to do is decorate the front surface in your own style, in the kit you will receive 5 x 6" scalloped circle and 5 x 5" plain edge circles to layer or 3D mount onto the scalloped circle as I have here with foam pads to give dimension, the kit also contains the 5 scored die cuts card stands, I designed the card stand die about 3 years ago to go with my book card and a couple of months ago I decided to makes large circle dies to go with it to make my version of a plate card.
Hopefully this time I won't have my ideas copied, as last week I had a number of emails urging me to look at someone selling die cuts on eBay, when I looked I was very surprised to see someone I had once thought of as a friend who I met through blogging had used their Pazzle cutting machine to try to compete with me, selling die cuts exactly the same shape as one of my new shape die cuts, I wouldn't mind so much but this person has a warning on their listing telling people not to copy her work/ Designs !!! lol what a joker can you believe it, I'm only posting this here to let them know I have seen the poor quality copies so have dozens of other people who have emailed and phoned me, When things like this happen its so nice to know just how many lovely caring friends I have out there thanks guys for letting me know.
Anyway this new kit will be in my shop later this week I hope you like them
I have entered this card into the following challenges;
Bah-Humbug Christmas Challenge for a child
Crafty Catz challenge Shaped card
Bunny Zoe’s Challenge Nice & Girly
Corrosive challenge B&W + One
My Time To Craft Challenge Extra special
Magnolia down under challenge Embossing
Totally Gorjuss Challenge Sugar & Spice
Charisma Cardz challenge Bling
Little red wagon Challenge Beads
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday have fun
Check out my on-line Craft shop

46 comments:

Cor* said...

Stunning! Come by my blog Susie I have something for you there!

Margreet said...

this is so stylish Susie.....you did a great job!
xxx Margreet

sucor said...

What an elegant card - I love all the white. It works so well for a Christmas card.

Heather said...

Gorgeous, the embossed background really brings it all together. Hev:)

Cor* said...

BWahhhahaaa.....I know, I totally thought I would be commenting on your other thumbnail pic, then BOOM this was here! I am not a stalker. thanks for sending the stuffs, will let you know when it arrives....safely I hope, not like the parcel you recieved!!!!! (..............Im done commenting for a month now--lol j/k)

Pam S. said...

beautiful Susie! Tilda is lovely and that embossing folder is a fave for sure!
Pam Going Postal

Lizzy xx said...

WOW what a stunner! Tilda looks so beautiful in white... I just adore this card hun xx Lizzy xx :)

Crafty Chris said...

Oh dear I can feel another shop coming, this is stunning susie, and I wouldnt dream of shopping anywhere else, yours is top notch quality.
Christine x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wow Susie
A stunning card,so beautiful,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Mandy said...

Stunning card hun, so elegant and beautiful, love the new die shape you've designed.
Good on ya girl for speaking out, some people have a blooming nerve. You have many loyal friends and fans in blogland that will always stand by you and would rather buy quality products from a lovely lady than poor copies
love n hugs Mandy xx

jackiescrafts said...

Wow Suzie this is beautiful, it's so elegant, I'll look out for it's arrival in the shop

Hugs Jackie x

Rosa-kreattiva said...

che bella idea questa card...

Mummylade said...

WOW! It's stunning.

And as far as those "friends" go, smack'em over the head I say!

Net said...

Aw that's so pretty and elegant Susie! It looks fab and I'm sure they'll be popular. As for the copying person... well what goes round comes round ;))

Thanks for playing Gorjuss with us.

cgl1539 said...

Oh wow!! I cannot wait to get a gander at your kit. This is stunning and I really am amazed at how anyone cant all white and still give it so much life. Wonderful job! By the way so sorry to hear someone is poorly copying your work.

Christine said...

Hiya Susie this is awesome love the all white look..me thinks you should make a fuss when disshonet peeps steal your designs cant they read???

Hugs Christine xx

Sue said...

Hi Hun
wow gorgeous card, very classy hun, i did make my card for you strawberry n choccie chal, but when i went to add it linky was closed:-(
Your die cuts are brill quality hun, i hope you slapped them down! have good eve hun, sue,x

Happy Days said...

Such an elegant card, I love it. x

carol said...

Fabulous creation Susie, it really looks lovely all in white, x carol

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous card,Susie.

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

Wonderful christmas card Susie. So original.
Hugs Jacqueline

La Vikinga said...

Lovely card in white with unusual think on the back to make it stand!!!

Still can't understand the December madness in June... MUST be due to the bad weather!

We too, but at least there was some sun yesterday when the princess got married!!

Charlotta

Dragonlady said...

Stunning card, the gems are perfect. Love it.

Hugs Ali x

Devlin said...

Lovely!

Mag said...

Oh wow I love this pure white look !!!
Thanks for oining Bunny Zoe's Challenge !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Aussie Loz said...

Oh, I love this!! So elegant, and I love the plate and stand!! Gorgeous Susie ♥

Sandra said...

WOW!
Sandra

Rosanne said...

Very pretty card!Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

craft_princess said...

Such a gorgeous angelic looking card! Love the bling and the very cool shape!

Diane J said...

Such a stunning card, its absolutely beautiful
Diane x

Chris Wooten said...

This is beautiful. I just started making cards this year really. Well I made two or three last winter and then got sick.

I love your work. Hope you will stop in my blog to visit. I am new to blogging too, lol.

Giveaway drawing tomorrow for tags,bags, boxes
http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com
rules at top of blog

Chris

Julye said...

Fab card love mostly white, it just looks so elegant and yours is cute too and love the plate idea so different.

Nicki said...

Oh Susie, this is gorgeous! really elegant, love it!
Nicki
x

Max said...

What a beautiful card Susie, thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
Sorry to hear about the issues with others copying your designs. Sadly it happens all the time and can be very difficult for customers to keep tabs on who did the designs first.
I suppose that others copying is the price designers have to pay when they share their ideas on the internet.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Katiejane said...

Oh Susie, I love it when you use loads of white! I've never tried it myself but everytime I see you do it, I think I must! You've inspired me yet again :)
Hope all is well.
Katie x

craftykitten said...

Hi Susie,
This is stunning hun, I love it. Love white cards with just a splash of colour - soooo sophisticated!!
As for your competition - well let me tell you from my point of view - there is no competition. I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and you have to feel sorry for someone who doesn't have the brains to come up with these things themselves!!! I for one would only ever buy from you my friend!! Talking of which, I am putting an order together as we speak!!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Ann said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so beautiful Susie. wowee.
Ann XXX
Bah!Humbug! DT

rinat said...

I love all the white,Gorgeous card.

Judy said...

Very beautiful card. I love it and it's great for Christmas.

Candace said...

Stunning!

Hugs Candace x

Candace said...

Stunning!

Hugs Candace x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

A stunning card Susie :-)
Anne xx

Kat said...

This is stunning Susie. I love all white cards and the embossing really stands out. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Rainmac said...

Absolutely stunning card, can't believe the cheek of someone copying you!!!

Suzanne said...

Thuis is absolutely fabulous. I love it. Thanks for joining in with my theme over at Crafty Catz this week
Hugs
Suzanne x

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx