10 Aug 2010

Lifes a Beach........

...............Down on the south coast of England.
I know a lot of my readers are spread across the world but there are quite a lot who like me live on the south coast .....well if you do you really need to know about this fantastic Café/ Deli/ Restaurant /bistro that Garry and I adore, its called Breezes.
Let me start by telling you about the food, if you know me well you'll know I love my food and I'm fussy!! but I've got to say everything I've eaten here has been amazing and by the end of the meal I'm wondering what what I'm gonna have next time !!! lol
The food is homemade and wholesome , the potions are hearty and value for money ....at Breezes you get both quality & quantity.
But it doesn't stop there .....the owners of Breezes Maria & Wes and their staff are all so welcoming and attend to your every need, making all their customers feel special, which I think you'll agree is just as important as the quality of the food when you're eating out.
Maria the owner shares the cooking with her head chef Mike who is not only a fantastic chef but a cross between Jamie Oliver & Lee Even with a huge personality and as the kitchen is open plan you get a little light entertainment while you dine, making for a fantastic friendly fun atmosphere.
I wanted to make something to give to Maria to show how much we love visiting Breezes so I made a an open /closed sign for the front door , Maria loved it when I presented it to her at lunch time today and has asked me to make some nautical themed items to sell in the shop....Oh yes I nearly forgot to tell you its not just a great place to eat & chill....... you can also buy fantastic gifts and tasty / exotic food items there as well ...oh and and did I mention the cakes OMG they are TDF a beautiful array of homemade cakes ....I'm gonna stop there and just say if you're in the vicinity of Hill head Hampshire (near Fareham/Lee-on-the Solent) you just have to pop in and find out for yourself ...........let me tell you .......you won't want to leave !!! Check out their web-site.
To make my creation today I used my own design die cuts from my shop Die cut Dreams.
Stamps from Magnolia coloured with Copic's.
Inks from the lovely Tim Holtz & his Rangers blending tool.
WeRMemoryKeepers Extra large eyelets.
And Quickutz dies, charms, ball chain, rope and pearls from my stash.
I have entered my Plaque into the following challenges;
Bizzy Becs Challenge 3D
The Scrap Master Challenge Colour combo
Magnolia Lovers Challenge Edwin
The Pink Elephant challenge Summer fun
Papertake weekly challenge Something old, new, borrowed, blue (New sailor Edwin, Old Magnolia Life ring stamp, Borrowed inspiration from Breezes, and of course blue ink)
One stop craft Challenge Summer fun
The Secret Crafter Saturday challenge Its a mans world
Totally papercraft Challenge By the sea

Please check out my on-line Craft shop Die cut Dreams

43 comments:

Jessie said...

That is so cool Susie!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Susie

I have checked out Breezes and am trying to work out if we can go when we go on holiday later this month - it sounds wonderful and I would love to see your work in real life!! Your Plaques are stunning and I am not surprised the owner has asked for more of your work. I should think a few plaques will be in order.

Hugs Ali x

Claire x said...

What a fab sign Susie - I bet she loved it! And Breezes looks a fab place to eat too - somewhere to note, should we ever venture down that way. Hugs, Claire x

Miria said...

Susie, your plaques are absolutely fab! Unfortunately, I live in Italy and I can't go to Breezes to see them! Hugs. Miria

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Susie
Wow the signs are fabulous,
Hugs Dianne xx

☼ Cheryl* said...

That is beautiful, Susie and so nice!!!
Breezes sounds really really nice shame i'm not near there!

Anne-marie said...

Hi Susie, what a fab sign love the image Anne-marie xx

sammie@paperlily cards said...

wow thats sounds like such am amazing place...wish it wasnt so far away.
plaque is so gorgeous no wonder she loved it x x

{Jane} said...

Great card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Sue said...

Hi Hun
how what a fabulous gift, i bet they were thrilled with it, oh i will have to look for your goodies when im in there next time., thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Rosa-kreattiva said...

wow davvero originali mi piacciono molto...

Lynne in NI said...

What a fab idea for a gift, not surprised they were delighted!
Wish I was close enough to visit Breezes - sounds lovely! We've holidayed a few times in Devon and Cornwall and had a lovely time

Rainmac said...

What a gorgeous gift x

Lorraine said...

wow i love your sign and i haven't been there and as its quite near me i shall give Breezes a try thanks Susie xx

Tracy said...

The sign is really fabulous and creative. It sounds like a really lovely place to go, too far for me i'm afraid. But it's nice that you and Garry have somewhere nice to go though.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kat said...

I'm not surprised Maria loved it. It's a lovely gift.

Katx

Sandra said...

looks lovely! wish I was there!
Sandra

Linda said...

Wonderful creation. Thanks for sharing the story too. Thanks for joining us this week at SPCC.

TesaB said...

Cute and fun and absolutly adorable sign!!! Love it!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous creation...

Fantastic Male theme project!!!

Thank you for joining SCSC this week

Vicky x

Aussie Loz said...

Oh I love this Susie! I can see why they'd love to have your work hanging on their door! Little Edwin is so perfect!! ♥

Nicola said...

Great idea, very diffent. Thanks for joining us at PTW this week.

Nicola

Pam S. said...

awsome Susie! how creative an idea and I can see why she was thrilled!
Pam Going Postal

Craftyanny said...

awwwwwwww Susie no wonder she was thrilled, this is adorable
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts challenge
Anne x

Lindsey said...

This is a lovely idea, no wonder Maria loved it! You have made me hungry now.....and i've just eaten! Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week xx

Pinkllilac said...

Hi Susie your sign is fab and the place looks so welcoming.
Hugs Linda

scrapcat 1 said...

your sign is fabulous Susie

kaos said...

hmm that sounds very lovely - not to mention tasty!

Your plaque is gorgeous as well!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It sounds like a dream Susie. The signs are fabulous, what a wonderful gift :-)
Anne x

Cindy2 said...

Does Breezes do take-out? I live in the US in the midwest and we like good food here, too. Your sign is precious and has given me an idea for a "Shhh, baby's sleeping" sign for a pregnant friend. Please play often at the MSL challenge, I enjoy your blog and your art. Cindy2

cgl1539 said...

Okay first off, the plaque is adorable, I am so in love with it! Secondly how sweet are you to give this to such nice people. I think its so cool you get to sell some stuff in their store, you gotta take a picture when its set up.

Sam said...

Gorgeous plaque Susie. I second your comments about Breezes, it is a fab place to eat, their cakes are to die for!!
Sam x

Lynne said...

Those plaques are to die for!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! and that restaurant look beautiful - might have to make a trip down :o) xx Lynne xx

Suzi said...

Utterly adorable, Love the shape and all the lovely accents you have used. It must look fab on the door. What a nice patron you are do do this for the owners.
Hugs
Suzi x

Chris (Wellnifty) said...

Gorgeous signs Susie
Chris xx

Christine said...

Ohhh Susie how cute is this??? to darn cute..wish I lived closer to sample the food!!!

smiles Christine xx

Roberta Laliberte said...

OMG I love this!

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful and what a perfect gift for the owner of Breezes!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

Mandy said...

OMG hun this is a stunner, what a fabulous gify, love it
hugs Mandy xx

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Fabulous project!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TPE!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Dawny P said...

This is just gorgeous chick :) I LOVE the images and the colours you used. Thanks for joining us over at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxx

Silvia said...

Fabulous card! Love the colors and the image. Thanks for joining us at TPE!

craftykitten said...

Hiya,
Gorgeous plaque, love all the details and the colours. Fabulous darling.
Hugs
Dawn x