18 Sep 2010

Totally Tilda ~ making Flowers

Hi just wanted to let you know you still have about a week to enter the current Totally Tilda Challenge #5 our theme this time is "Make your own flowers", to enter just pop over to the Totally Tilda Challenge you have until noon GMT Friday.
Please go and have look at the amazing creations my very talented Design Team have made, their handmade flowers are amazing , Here's another one I made in hope to inspire you to come and join in the fun..............All I did was die cut some flowers with Sir Tim's Sizzix alterations flower die (3 lrg, 2 med, 2 small all the same shape), I used the pages of a big book I got in the pound shop, I bought it for the purpose of cutting not reading!!, then I put some "spun sugar" colour Tim Holtz distress ink on my messy mat and sprayed it with some pearl Glimmer mist then I soaked the flowers both sides and scrunched them up and while they were scrunched up I semi dried them with the heat gun then opened them out a bit (but not flat) then I took the 2 small flowers and glued them together staggered, and glued the big pearl in the middle letting the petals of the top flower hug the pearl, then I glued all the other flowers behind one by one staggering each one and left the glue (and the damp petals) to dry over night.
When I got up the next morning it was as you see it now crispy and quite hard, I then used some 3D crystal clear liquid stuff and blobbed it on the petals here and there and dipped the whole flower in Glamour dust.
It sounds a long process but really it was quick and easy, next time I'm gonna make a batch in different colours starting with the lights mixing the inks as I go , I expect I'll end up with a poo brown colour at the end of it all !!! lol Have a great weekend
Hugs.........

Please check out my on-line Craft shop Die cut Dreams

13 comments:

Katie-Louise Oakley said...

This is a lovely card Susie! :) Very girly! xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Susie
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Liz's creative corner said...

Hey hun I've got to give this a try its gorgeous, love your colours too, love the rest of your card too, hugs Liz xx

Jeanet said...

Wow you made another one, I love it.
I already entered the challenge, but maybe I find the time to make another card for this challenge. Hugs, jeanet

Eileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eileen said...

Hi again
The colours you have used are just so pretty. Your cards look stunning.

Andrea C said...

lush x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Another gorgeous card Susie, the flower is fantastic :-)
Anne xx

Jacqueline's Weblog said...

What a beautiful card Susie! I really love the flower you made.
Hugs Jacqueline

Lynne said...

This is just gorgeous!! love your flower - you are "queen of handmade flowers" lol xx Lynne xx

kim said...

Gorgeous flower- and a very pretty card.

craftykitten said...

Another stunner Susie. Love your flower and that pearl centre sets if off beautifully.
Hugs
DAwn x

Crafty Chris said...

Oh yes love this gorgeous flower well as usual your whole card is gorgeous.
Chris x