18 Feb 2011

Less is best ...............

Over at the Less is More Challenge  the theme is "One Layer" using trees or flowers
This is my card for the challenge, I'm still having trouble trying to keep my sticky little fingers away from the embellishments but I'm determined to have a go each week to see what I can learn and to see it I can improve my neatness , I usually try to cover up my shabbiness with extra distressing so this is good practise for me to try to stay clean & simple !!! ha ha
I used a Hero Arts sentiment stamp that I bought in a set from QVC it must be 5 years ago and its the first time i think its seen ink !!! lol
The flower stamp is from my favourite stamp company Magnolia and I simply added a little colour with Copic sketch markers
Lastly I used a Martha Stewart deep edge punch to create a lattice boarder to add a little simple detail
Have a great day
Hugs..............
 
Please note my on-line Craft shop Die cut Dreams I'll be closing up at the end of this month 28th Feb as we are moving so if you need anything please order before 28th.
 I will be reopening in May

8 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

I love it Susie! Very neat indeedy.
Love
Victoria
ps - order going in the post tomorrow for you, has just arrived here!
xx

Chrissie said...

This is great Susie, I love that little flowery stamp.
If the sentiment had been just a tad higher so that the flower on the left just nestled in the indentations beside the word 'in' with the word 'Things' just overhanging it, I think it would be perfect!
Thanks so much for joining us again, and see you next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

{PaperCraftersAnonymous} said...

Simple and very cheery

Mandi said...

Well we re enjoying you struggling along with us LOL
Great flowers stamp, love it, so modern and quirky!

See you again next week
Oh Gosh...moving...all that stuff! Rather you than me!

mandi
"Less is More"

TAM said...

Fabulous card - love everything about it

Lynne said...

Very pretty card.
Lynne xxx

Susan said...

This card is just as cute as can be! LOVE the edge you punched!

Jan said...

Such a pretty card xx Jan