22 Mar 2011

Less is more for Men !!?

 Hi everyone hope you are all well today, what a gorgeous morning the sun has been shining and its been quite warm I think spring may have sprung !!
This week  over at the Less is More Challenge the theme is Make a "Male" card which I normally find quite a task and I avoid wherever I can !! lol but with inspiration from Mandi & Chrissie and popping round to comment on other entries in this challenge that also gave me lots of inspiration I managed to make 3 card for male family birthdays that are coming up in the next month.
And as Chrissie and Mandi have so many entries to comment on and I wanted to make a few cards I decided to put them all in one post so they only have to visit me once instead of 3 times.
For my first Male card above I started with a 5" square white card blank, I used a quickutz die to make the little VW Beetle car cut in Bazzil card and I mounted it on a couple of square mats cut with nestie dies the sentiment is from Pink Petticoat and I used 2 SU punches to layer it.
For my second card above I started with a 4" sq card blank, I used the same QK car die but instead of cutting with the nestie die I used it to draw round to frame the card the simple sentiment is an SU  stamp
And my last card I made is 5" sq, I used just 2 stamps from the "Sense of Time" Stampin'up stamp set I stamped the clock on Biscuit crumb card with Biscuit crumb ink cut it out with a circle nestie die and layered it on another slightly bigger nestie circle die cut cut in Baja Breeze I stamped the cogs directly onto the card blank with Baja Breeze ink, and used the same SU sentiment again.
Everything I used to make this card is from Stamping up I think this is a first for me not to reach for "Other Stuff"!!!  I was very controlled !! lol
Enjoy the rest of your day and have fun
Have a great day
Hugs..............

22 comments:

Kathyk said...

Three lovely cards Susie - if I'm honest I THINK I prefer the third . . . by a short head

Happy Tuesday

Kathyk

Juls said...

these are fab!! Loving the clock one! Hugs juls

Suze Bain said...

Three super cards Susie, number 2 definitely my fave, I must try this broken border technique, it's so effective. x

Elizabeth said...

Three great cards Susie, but my favourite is definitely the clock one - love the colours :) Elizabeth x

Mandi said...

These are FAB Suze
i think the layout of the yellow car works the best
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

I think all 3 are terrific male cards. My fave is the 3rd one.
Hugs, Sandra

Chrissie said...

Thanks for your consideration Susie... we do have a lot of comments to make in the course of a week!
These are super but I think that the second one is my favourite... great design and I love that broken frame line!
Thanks once more.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

massofhair said...

Fantastic cards, think i prefer the third one with the clocks and cogs, very grungy and perfect for a masculine card:-)

Jan said...

All fab cards Susie, if I had to choose it would be the middle one. xx Jan

Victoria said...

oooh check you out! I think I like the one with the yellow car best of all, having said that I like all three of them!
Love
Victoria
x

Handmade with Love said...

I love all three cards but love the car ones most and I love the splash of colour they give to the card. Tracey x

Liz's creative corner said...

Fabby cards hun, but what no Tilda, didn't think it possible lol,

have you sent my craft stuff yet, you know the ones that won't fit in the van lol, hugs Liz xx

Vicky Hayes said...

So many fabulous cards! I like numbers 2 and 3 best - the car one because it's cute and the clock one for elegance!

Linby said...

wow-not seen this style from you before, love them. The yellow car is my fav.
Linbyx

Louise said...

3 fabulously CAS cards, I'd have to say the 3rd is my fave and even better that it's SU supplies. X

Aileen said...

All 3 cards are great and I'm not saying this to be polite. The little car is cute and I love the broken line technique in your second card. The third is a great idea with the cogs stamped direct on. Well done doing 3. x

Nancy said...

I love the beatle!!! The cards are clean and simple and great!

Jenny said...

Lovely cards and i think that the second is my favourite, it's that broken frame that just makes it perfect x

Susan said...

Susie...I post all mine at one time too, because I try to comment on all entries too! I LOVE all three of your cards...I really love the second card...but I do love a VW...my very first car was a VW!!

Angelnorth said...

Three fab cards, that little QK VW is so cute!

Sylvie said...

Wonderful cards
Hug Sylvie x

Nicola said...

Wow you sure can make male cards Susie, these are all fabulous and I love your CAS style.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-