16 Mar 2011

More Less is More

 I made this card above with the same shoe stamp as the card I made yesterday only difference is today I stamped on coloured card instead of white so I don't need to colour in the shoes and I found the perfect sentiment to go with blue shoes !!! instead of a pearl like I added to yesterdays card today I added a tiny blue gem to the shoe bow.
Now I made this card above as my 3rd and last entry for this weeks theme at the Less is More Challenge
 I thought I'd take Tilda off the page !! and as the theme is one layer I didn't use Copic Markers (as they sometimes soak into the card and are visible from the other side) I used Prisma pencils with sansodor and paper stumps to blend , as you can see I'm not good at colouring with this medium, I bought over 80 pencils a couple of years ago and I've used them .....well this is the 3rd time !! I have no patience with them.
You can also see this card and lots of other Magnolia creations from the girls over at the Steel Magnolias
Have a great day Hugs.........
 

17 comments:

Victoria said...

like both of these Susie - finally you cut Tilda up too! I rfemeber the uproar when I chopped her head off once!!

I like the Tilda one best out of these two and overall think the first one you did is my favourite of the three.

Love
Victoria
x

Valerie said...

Lovely cards Susie, I've not seen oriental Tilda before! I'm in awe of the fact that you posted 3 cards!!!
Val x

Anne said...

What a stunning job you've made of both of these cards. Hugs x

Suzi B said...

Love the sentiment on the shoe card.. my daughter would love it!
Sue x

kimmie_35 said...

Love your cards!
Hugs
Kim
x

Chrissie said...

I think you're being a little hard on yourself re the Prisma colouring and I agree that for one layer cards we should think of the reverse side of the image, but all in all I agree with Victoria... I think your first submission is my fave!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

La Vikinga said...

I like your Japanese Tilda!!!

C

Mandi said...

I think your colouring is lovely Suze
Have to say the shoe ones are my FAVs
You;ve so nailed our challenge this week
mandi
"Less is More"

Pauline said...

Two fabby cards, the shoes image is great fun.

Kathyk said...

I see nothing wrong with your colouring on this fab card Susie

Kathyk

Susan said...

I don't see anything wrong with your coloring. I'm still learning to blend when using my Prisma pencils. I LOVE the Magnolia stamp...precious!

Teresa said...

Both great cards, love the sentiment on the shoes card and always love tilda.
Teresa xx

Vicky said...

Love the one with the shoes...I would never have thought to use Tilda like this, such a great idea....
Love both takes
x
Vicky

massofhair said...

Liking your Tilda card very much, perhaps for me the better one. I do like your shoe card sentiment though... :-)

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow two fabulous CAS cards,luv the shoes one, bet you can't wait for ya house, look forwadr to seeing it, must catch up soon hun, sue,x

Aileen said...

I do like tilda peaking in from the edge. I think your colouring looks fab. x

Sarita said...

Two fabby cards Susie, love both of them,
Love Sarita xx