18 Apr 2011

LIM with Acetate

As you might know I love Stampin'Up "Stuff" and I have quite a lot of their products but I don't use them as much as I should, but since starting to join in the new "Less is More Challenge" I have been using my SU stash a bit more as I'm getting inspired by Mandi, Chrissie and the other challenge LIM entrants.
So when my lovely friend Victoria sent me the new Mini catalogue I couldn't help myself !!!! lol
My order just arrived this afternoon (and yes I spoilt myself !! ) some of which you can see in the photo above but there was so much I couldn't get it all in so see my list below, OMG they now do dies and embossing folders (by Sizzix but designs exclusive to Stampin'up) and embosslits too.
The new Seam Binding is to die for, not ........to mention the punches with matching stamps, and the new designer papers .....Ooooooh I could go on and on I'm in heaven!! ha ha
If you are not familiar with Stamp'in Up or you would like to see whats new pop over to Victoria's blog coz there is plenty to see over there, including the on-line catalogue, tutorials, and I always look forward the daily make from Victoria too.
Here's what I bought now don't dribble on your keyboard !!! ha ha 
118074 owl punch 
119976 square lattice folder
121812 fun flowers
121813 sweet buttons
114517 Manhattan flowers folder
120907 Decorative label punch
123440 four frames wood set
122000 Baby blossom clear set
121976 Clearly for you clear set
123677 strength and hope clear set
118138 beautiful wings
121952 A slice of life clear set
121782 spring time vintage papers
121884 rose red seam binding
121997 natures walk clear set
119945 Melon mambo 12x12
119945 rose red 12x12
122040 Button Button
121961 thanks for caring 
114507 beautiful butterflies
120175 vintage wallpaper folder
123475 wedding wheels
120453 just believe clear set
119943 riding hood red 12x12
19951 very vanilla 12x12
109010 river rock stampin pad
119799 12x12 assorted card stock
120118 Because I care, clear set
121781 sweet stitches papers
122330 pear pizzazz seam binding
Here's my card I made for this weeks Less is More Challenge, the theme is Acetate, not the easiest of cards to photograph, it should sit on one of my die cut stands but it was impossible to get a good picture without a reflection of my ugly mug and my camera in it, so the only way was to lay it flat ....you'll have to imagine its sat on the stand.
I used 2 of my own design large dies to cut the 6" scalloped back and the 5.5" Papermania acetate overlay circle.
The bird on a branch punch, Sentiment stamp and fancy square punch are all from SU, I hope its ok for your challenge Chrissie & Mandi and I welcome your advice , thanks for another great challenge girls, you pushed me out of my box this week but I was determined to have ago and not miss a week !!! lol
I look forward to finding out what you challenge us with next week . Hugs  xx

35 comments:

Fiona said...

Susie...thanks for the lovely comments on my blog...I'm not sure if I will be attempting acetate again but when you see all the lovely cards then I might. your catd is beautiful as always!!

I'm loving your SU stash.

fi
x

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
lol what ya like was that every thing from the book? just cause you got room to put it all in! lol.
Fabulous card hun, great design, lovely use of the acetate, sue,x

Erika said...

Looks like you have an SU stash similar to mine, LOL. Great card the SU punch goes great with the bird stamp, happy crafting, Erika.

Victoria said...

gorgeous card Susie

I think I need to come and visit you and help myself to some of your lovely stash lol!

Thanks for being such a fab customer!

Love
Victoria
x

Chrissie said...

Have you taken out a second mortgage for all that SU stuff? ... you must have spent a fortune, if only I could afford all that!
Your acetate card looks cute... is it mounted on a square card or is it the scalloped shape?
How did you attach your acetate?
Neat stamping Susie!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susie Sugar said...

LOL lucky I don't have a mortgage Chrissie
I tell you what when I've moved would you like to come over and play for the afternoon (what I really mean is teach me to use all that stuff !! he he )
The card goes on a stand I did say in my post but I couldn't get a good photo coz of the acetate (heres one same style I made without acetate it's my own design I sell them in my shop http://sassydesignsbysusie.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-all-white-now.html )
The acetate is only attached in one spot behind the punched bird right in the middle with a little spot of strong clear drying glue from WoC.
And Lastly I did'nt stamp the birds they are printed on the Papermania acetate.
Glad you like it
Hugs Susie xx

craftattack said...

Great card, love the shape and the birds! Thanks for visiting my blog today! Hugs from Germany, Valerie

Dolly Daydreams said...

Love your card and your SU Stash I live in Greece so can only get Su stuff when I come to UK which is not often am seriously jealous.

Marie

Dolly Daydreams said...

Thanks for paying a visit to my blog much appreciated . As for the weather would gladly swap at the moment its freezing wet and windy and spring nowhere.

Marie to be seen seems like your weather is better than hours at the moment

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi me again. I have the Silhouette sd machine that does all the cutting its amazing you dont need to buy any dies
and you an make so may things with it .

Marie

Jo said...

This is a lovely card. I'm quite envious of all your new goodies, I daren't click the link, am trying to be good. Jo x

Jan said...

Fab card Susie, enjoy your goodies xx Jan

Anne said...

Fabulous card Susie .... and were you NEEDING all that new stash!!! Enjoy, hugs x

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card Susie, wish I could come and play with all your new goodies with you lol.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.
hugs Teresa xx

mustavcoffee said...

WoW Lucky you, fantastic array of stamps and goodies, seriously drooling now LOL
Your card is pretty the birds are lots of fun, very modern and cute! Acetate can be a pain! especially when you want to photograph it! Hugs to you :0) xxx

Mandi said...

OM GOSH what a lot of lovely goodies, what a super customer you are
Lovely card, love the monotone look
Thanks for joining us again
Look forward to seeing more SU cards in the furure
Have a good week Size
mandi
Less is More

Pam said...

Nice to know your shopping habit hasn't curtailed!! I love the new mini catalogue and as soon as I am back from my week in scotland I am off to see my friend to do my order, I just need to decide what I want! Hugs Pam x

Beryl K said...

Thanks you for your comments on my blog. Your cards is gorgeous
Beryl x

Jenny said...

I can only dream of a stash haul like that (drewl). lol
Lovely card :)
Jenny x

Liz, said...

This is superb, love it, Liz x

Susan said...

Your Stampin Up rep must LOVE you! LOL! What a great bunch of goodies!! Love your cute card!!

dutchstamptramp said...

What a stunning card, love your little birdies!

Anna-Karin said...

what a beautiful card, I love the little birds!

Anna-Karin

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh, lots of lovely stuff Susie ;-) You can't take it with you can you! Know what I mean :-D
Love what you've created
Anne xx

TAM said...

Fabulous card Susie.
Now when I first looked at your list I thought it was a "wish list" not an actual shopping list - I am seriously jealous but as the saying goes "you can't take it with you"
Have fun playing with your new goodies - looking forward to seeing what you make with them

Tab said...

Wow awesome goodies, it all looks delightful! Enjoy playing with it.

Love your card too, fab design and I love how you have used the acetate!

Hugs Tab xxx

Linby said...

ooh Sis I can tell you spent because I spy a hostess stamp set that I want too! See our choices are still following the same themes, I'm going to Victoria's mini event and will be indulging then!!!
Great card, love the black and white combo.
Linbyx

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card again this week Susie...love the shape...must agree with you,what a nightmare trying to photograph card made with acetate...that was the hardest part of the challenge...lol,

Take care
San x

Suze Bain said...

Super card Susie, I love black & white cards. (but OMG - I thought I was a crafty spender, Lol!)x

Aileen said...

This looks so good and wow what an SU stash you now have. The mini catty is super though isn't it?! x

Lynne said...

Great card.
Lynne xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a cute, round card~

Debgem said...

Such a cute card - love the images and the shape!!

The SU goodies look fab - have lots of fun :)

GoonerGirl said...

Beautiful card.. Chrissieann x

Hello From Texas said...

Susie -

I loved looking at your SU! haul. It's always fun when a new stash arrives.

I love my new frame punch and the coordinating set is a wonderful addition. :)

Your card is wonderful. I love round cards, they are always special.

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment, much appreciated.
Looking forward to seeing what you make with your new stash.